New Öhlins Advanced Trackday Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Öhlins Advanced Trackday Coilovers

I know there was a thread on the old Forums about this. I just saw this from Öhlins and though I would post it since people were interested back then:

From looking at it this is not the monotube shock design used in the R&T setup, but is based on their TTX36 damper line. It is a twin tube damper with side mounted valves, which requires less stroke to build up full damping capability. Also, looking at the pictures this kit features a rear coilover conversion.

This is very similar to the custom setup I am currently running. Though I run a 4-way adjustable TTX46/40 Setup, which features a solid through piston for improved response (with the appropriate price tag I might add). Btw, the TTX36 shocks can also easily be upgraded to 4 way adjustables.

I can only speak about my setup, but so far to say that I am impressed is a ridiculous understatement. The performance of on the track trumps any other setup I have previously been in (KW Comp, Nitron, Moton), but in the street setting (turning down high- and lowspeed compression on the dampers) the car is imo even more comfortable than before.

I have no idea what the price point of this new kit is going to be though.

Enjoy.
    2002 E46 M3 TiAg Coupé >> full tracktool conversion @m346gt
    2000 986 Boxster S >> ice cream getter
    Past: E46 330Ci, 944S2, 996 C4S

It's going to be around $6-8k

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

These have to be $4k plus.. I have the R&T with Swift springs and GC camber plates. I think theyre awesome! For the money, the R&T is great. These have to be double the price.
      Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 11.23.56 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	17.9 KB ID:	28449
        ... woof. Not the setup for me.
        (from the owners manual)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

There is something about Öhlins that you want then immediately you are looking at the picture, all other reactions and thoughts come next. Only suspension components that do it to me hehe :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

... woof. Not the setup for me.
            (from the owners manual)
            The same maintenance intervals are in the Road & Track manual, word for word (bottom of pg 10):

'03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

The same maintenance intervals are in the Road & Track manual, word for word (bottom of pg 10):

https://www.ohlinsusa.com/files/ohli...N_AUTO_R_T.pdf
              Weirdly, when I navigate there instead of following your link, I get different results...?
              https://world.ohlins.com/app/uploads...51-01_6_RT.pdf

(60,000km... still not amazing, though I've been told by reliable sources that it's not actually necessary at that point)

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                There is something about Öhlins that you want then immediately you are looking at the picture, all other reactions and thoughts come next. Only suspension components that do it to me hehe :-)
                100% agreed.... something about them just looks immaculately constructed.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Weirdly, when I navigate there instead of following your link, I get different results...?
                  https://world.ohlins.com/app/uploads...51-01_6_RT.pdf

(60,000km... still not amazing, though I've been told by reliable sources that it's not actually necessary at that point)
                  Strange, I used Google to get to the Ohlins USA page for the E46 M3 R&T coilovers then went to manual. I remember this coming up when the R&T lineup first started hitting, perhaps they just copy & pasted their motorsports dampers maintenance instructions when they first launched the R&T. I'm guessing they state that interval to keep it at close to 100% capabilities, but you and I who are not chasing hundredths for the podium can deal with the wear & tear down to "only" 95% capabilities.
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Strange, I used Google to get to the Ohlins USA page for the E46 M3 R&T coilovers then went to manual. I remember this coming up when the R&T lineup first started hitting, perhaps they just copy & pasted their motorsports dampers maintenance instructions when they first launched the R&T. I'm guessing they state that interval to keep it at close to 100% capabilities, but you and I who are not chasing hundredths for the podium can deal with the wear & tear down to "only" 95% capabilities.
                    Yeah... mine are going to end up getting rebuilt because of being revalved to my specs... not because they feel like they need a rebuild.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                    X