Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to clean/condition your seats/interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you use to clean/condition your seats/interior?

What products are you guys using to clean/condition your leather seats? Also what products are you using to clean up the soft touch center console parts as well as the dash pad?
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

I've been using Swissvax leather products recently and have been really impressed with the look. Matte finish like OE fresh seats.

Simple green diluted also works in removing much of the "greasy" black shiny look.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Leatherique for everything leather. Keeps everything looking and feeling like new.

Nextzett Cockpit Cleaner. Cleans the dash while leaving a perfect matte finish.
      2004 M3 Coupe - Imola/Black | AA Supercharged (432 whp / 275 ft/lbs) | ARP Head Studs | ACL | Besian | Mishimoto CC | AA Headers w/ 100 Cell Race Cats | SS Section 2 | OEM Section 3 | TCK DA 400/500 | TMS Rear Camber Arms | Apex Arc-8 18x9 / 18x10 | 996 Brembo (In-Progress)

Comment

I think I may be only person here who doesn't like Leatherique, so I switched to chemical guys leather cleaner and rejuvenation products and absolutely love them.

Originally posted by Robert's_BMW View Post
        Leatherique for everything leather. Keeps everything looking and feeling like new.

Nextzett Cockpit Cleaner. Cleans the dash while leaving a perfect matte finish.
        Nextzett Cockpit Cleaner - is it safe for prints on the panel? Most dash cleaners are too harsh and actually dissolve the white paint bmw uses.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
          I think I may be only person here who doesn't like Leatherique, so I switched to chemical guys leather cleaner and rejuvenation products and absolutely love them.

Nextzett Cockpit Cleaner - is it safe for prints on the panel? Most dash cleaners are too harsh and actually dissolve the white paint bmw uses.
          I haven't had any issues with it. I just spray some on a microfiber towel and start wiping. I guess if you use a ton of product and/or scrub a ton, it would remove the print, but I have been using it for over a year with no issues.
          2004 M3 Coupe - Imola/Black | AA Supercharged (432 whp / 275 ft/lbs) | ARP Head Studs | ACL | Besian | Mishimoto CC | AA Headers w/ 100 Cell Race Cats | SS Section 2 | OEM Section 3 | TCK DA 400/500 | TMS Rear Camber Arms | Apex Arc-8 18x9 / 18x10 | 996 Brembo (In-Progress)

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
            I've been using Swissvax leather products recently and have been really impressed with the look. Matte finish like OE fresh seats.

Simple green diluted also works in removing much of the "greasy" black shiny look.
            I hesitate with simple green as their website says it isn’t recommended for leather. Anyone have anymore info?

Comment

Leatherique, and I freaking love it.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by James31 View Post

I hesitate with simple green as their website says it isn’t recommended for leather. Anyone have anymore info?
                It needs to be diluted, but I haven't had any issues either way.
                I always top it with swissvax leather cream as a topping protective coat.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Leatherique... I am working on a bit of a side project (maybe I’ll explain it all later whenever it’s finished. Still need to finish the bench seat section. It’s soaking in the sun while I’m at the dentist because I didn’t have time to finish it before I left.

sorry my before photos have the folding back sections backwards and on the wrong side.

Will work on the dents tomorrow most likely, but it’s pretty awesome stuff for cleaning up something that was sitting in someone’s garage for the last 5 years. Even took off dried paint and some rust...
                  2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Furniture clinic leather cleaner with polish angel leather conditioner

Comment

leatherique and other oil based products do nothing for our coated leather. There was a thread on this on the old m3forum. This stuff works really well and is what i use

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

specifically formulated water based and penetrates the coating on our leather.

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post
                        leatherique and other oil based products do nothing for our coated leather. There was a thread on this on the old m3forum. This stuff works really well and is what i use

There was actually a lot of debate on this. And the old discussions on m3f were not conclusive, although they did have good arguments on either side.

Based on results, I'd say that the argument that leatherique can't do anything for our leather because it's coated just isn't true.

I had pretty hard leather on my vert's drivers seat, and a few weeks ago I did a 3-day sunbake with a couple of re-applications of the rejuvenator oil per day. The results were actually great. The leather doesn't look any better because it's quite cracked, but it feels really a thousand times better and softer.

I did a 1.5 day bake on the passenger seat and the results were not as good, still on the harder side.

My personal conclusion is that it works very well, but in some cases you need to put in effort. If your leather's already in great shape there's no reason to do more than a single application, but if your leather is hard/rough and you are patient and diligent enough, you will get great results. I'm still shocked at how soft my seat bottom is now every time I get in the car.
                        Last edited by ATB88; 05-26-2020, 11:19 PM.

Comment

All Purpose Cleaner from Adam's diluted down heavily with distilled water. Works great. I like to agitate with a boar's hair brush and then wipe clean with a microfiber.

Comment

+1 for Nextzette Cockpit Premium with no issues
                            Last edited by NYCE46M3; 05-26-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sev View Post

thats what I found using leatherique and switched to other stuff. Their cleaner is good though, but a bit too aggressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X