Camber plates. Whats the best to run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tones View Post

The only suspenion mods I have are the ohlins and turner rtab I am planning on doing rear camber arms, sway bars and plates. More in a rush now that the car isn't nearly as fun as it was with more stock spec alignment.
    What's your ride height? I'm surprised the car can get as little as -1 at the ride height range in which the Ohlins are functional. More commonly people can't get it positive enough for street use after lowering the car...

Are you running the strut spacer at the bottom of your shocks?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I feel like you're throwing parts at a problem that came up when only after you made a change to stock camber settings and it handles worse. -1 front & -0.8 rear is a recipe for entry understeer. I would try running -1.8 front & -0.8 rear before you buy any other parts. It sounds like that is achievable with the parts you already have on the car.

If you do this and you're still feeling understeer that is present while cornering then what Obioban is saying should be the next step IMO. It can be hard to separate entry from mid-corner on public roads but it's an important distinction for what to do after you go to camber settings that make more sense.
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Agreed. I was replying to the symptoms described, but... -1 isn't much :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

What's your ride height? I'm surprised the car can get as little as -1 at the ride height range in which the Ohlins are functional. More commonly people can't get it positive enough for street use after lowering the car...

Are you running the strut spacer at the bottom of your shocks?
          13.5 front 13 rear.

No I don't have the spacer.

Comment

Working...
          X