Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 advice

Hello,
    as some of you know I am looking to buy an m3 coupe and 6 speed. I have found one in the Sacramento area. $12k, 175k miles, bone stock, every option possible, and very clean. Overall we checked the car out here he other day and it even looked clean in person. I was just wondering about any other opinions on it.

Save $11,899 on a used BMW M3 near you. Search over 900 listings to find the best Carmichael, CA deals. We analyze millions of used cars daily.

The passenger front fender looks off to me. And they don’t show any more pictures of the passenger side. Maybe just the pictures but the paint looks off.
    otherwise looks pretty clean for 175k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by James31 View Post
      The passenger front fender looks off to me. And they don’t show any more pictures of the passenger side. Maybe just the pictures but the paint looks off.
      I think once we get how much we can finance the car for back, we’ll see more and be able to drive in person. I might dump 1k into refreshing the car and making it not feel like 175k miles. It did mention a minor left side impact but nothing major, might be the body shop paint

Comment

First thing I noticed as well
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Agreed, looks clean given miles. Even the coating on the center console compartments is nice. They were probably replaced as this paint/coating will damage just by touching it lol

James31 is right, no pictures of the passenger side. any kind of warranty coming from the dealership like 3 months or 2k miles? no CELs? history of maintenance? Rod bearings, VANOS, cooling, subframe? might even be able to get a few grand off from the 12k if none of that has been done

From what you've shown, it looks like it worth considering if you're serious about buying one. just make sure you set aside money for maintenance as its an old German sports car with 175K on it

Comment

if none of those big 3 were addressed you might be look at more than 1k to refresh it, even if you DIY

Comment

Wants $40k engine build; looking at $12k M3s.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Priorities!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  This seems... poignant. If you’re looking to dump huge money on an engine, I’d put it in a nice car.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

This seems... poignant. If you’re looking to dump huge money on an engine, I’d put it in a nice car.
                    And if you are going the other direction, as in full "race" car with that 40k motor (which is the only reason I would, but not really), then why worry about "every" option possible?
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

The main reason for this pick is:
                      local, options, clean for miles, has some previous records of maintenance history, a good deal. I don’t get why to spend 15k more for lower miles if I have to replace the engine and do a lot of little upgrades/work to get it to normal. Saving money on a car purchase enables more work to be done (re-doing the interior, buying new wheels and tires, and making the car just better overall.) I understand why a low mileage but this offer just seems very good and worth it if I’m going to be changing it up and modding a lot of it. Addiotannlu this won’t be a full race car just a little more hardcore than the average m3. It’s just seems to be a good deal and may want to jump on it as soon as possible. Still looking for m3s in the 20k range see Dakar yellow sale

Comment

I would like a low mileage and a different color than silver, but not many are for sale For around $20k and under

Comment

Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post

I think once we get how much we can finance the car for back, we’ll see more and be able to drive in person. I might dump 1k into refreshing the car and making it not feel like 175k miles. It did mention a minor left side impact but nothing major, might be the body shop paint
                          Are you financing the car from a bank/the dealership? In my experience banks aren't going to approve of a car with that many miles/age. If they do, the interest rate wouldn't be very friendly.
                          Garage:
                          2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                          1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post

Are you financing the car from a bank/the dealership? In my experience banks aren't going to approve of a car with that many miles/age. If they do, the interest rate wouldn't be very friendly.
                            Through the dealership.

Comment

I wouldn't look at financing unless you have the money already saved and can negotiate a better deal because of the financing. Just save up cash so you can cut a check. Rate on a 10K loan is not going to be a wise use of money.

Comment

Working...
                              X