Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff Woes

Hey guys

One of my last’s posts was about having difficulty removing the diff from the driveshaft.

well “luckily” I finally got it removed, but not the way I anticipated (Please see pics attached). Half of the driveshaft cv stayed with the diff when I removed it. Has anyone seen this before?

my issue now is trying to figure out how to separate the diff from the stuck remaining part of the driveshaft cv joint.

I would certainly appreciate any ideas! Pry tools, heat, cold chisel, rubber mallet, and 5lb sledge has been used thus far without success. My plan is to clean out the grease and continue using heat to loosen it up a bit

thanks!
    ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
    ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

You can use that slot to pry against the diff. There's one on the other side as well. Try alternating sides frequently to pry the cv joint out straight. If it's not moving at all because of rust or whatever then yeah, heat should help.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
    X