No announcement yet.

SMG expert needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't replace any springs. If I have to go that route, I'll just do the swap. I have driven the car to work every day this week and it drives and shifts better than it ever has, as I can recall. And most importantly, no cog of death or check engine light.

The GPS should move smoothly with some resistance, both of mine were very notchy and rough. Keep in mind, my only "symptom" at the outset was the lights on the dash caused by the window size too small error.

Comment

Originally posted by 992gnt View Post
      I didn't replace any springs. If I have to go that route, I'll just do the swap. I have driven the car to work every day this week and it drives and shifts better than it ever has, as I can recall. And most importantly, no cog of death or check engine light.

The GPS should move smoothly with some resistance, both of mine were very notchy and rough. Keep in mind, my only "symptom" at the outset was the lights on the dash caused by the window size too small error.
      Swapping was costly for me at this point as to why I didn't go that route, and a new gps is about the same as machining your Bell housing. ( If you do go manual try to use your smg housing as the syncros are still new). I'm still diagnosing so I'll see what happens with my used one.

Comment

Working...
      X