Lightweight battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight battery

Looking to purchase a lightweight battery and I’ve found two that I like. Has anyone used any of the following?

Save over 17kgs with the Latest Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Battery Technology All our products use the latest lithium battery technology (Lithium iron phosphate - LiFePO4). The focus here is to better the performance of a lead-acid battery at a fraction of the weight. Only 3.5 kg, 2 year warranty and a123 cells.

or

I like the lite blox because of the kill switch feature.

Updated website for the lite blox battery
    your smart lightweight LiFePo4 car battery with remote operation via smartphone app and integrated vehicle anti theft - made in Germany.

Comment

No experience with either model you listed. We have a small lithium battery on the track car. It has sn undervolt switch to avoid leaving you stranded. Its on the battery itself. For a street car I would recommend a remote switch to the drivers cockpit area so you're not digging in the trunk to start the car.

Comment

If your open to suggestions. Anti gravity if you have the money. 12lbs. I have the H7 60Ah, ive never had a single issue and the auto turnoff feature is great. Also the ability to check voltage with the app via Bluetooth.
        '06 IB/BLK 6SPD PN66072

Comment

I've been running a Brail GU1R for over 4 years now, and not had as single issue. That said, I do put it on a maintainer if I'm parking the car for more than a week or two. That said, I also do that on the stock battery M5 and M3 wagon, soo....

When it ages/cycles out, I intend to replace it with something with an automatic cutoff feature, as that does seem like nice peace of mind. But, doesn't seem like it's worth replacing a wear item preemptively for that functionality.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Thank you everyone for the advice. I’m looking to cut the most weight from the car and I like features that allow me to see voltage of the car so I might go with the anti gravity but the lite blox has some features that I like. My car does not have raiding or other features that consume a lot of power so I’m not worried about a lithium battery. My battery is about four years old and I believe I’ll need to replace it soon.

Comment

Ive had the Braille GU1r for 4.5 years now with no issues. It is 4.5# i believe. I also have a small 4 channel stereo amp that it powers, and the car sits for long periods sometimes. In the longer periods, I use their trickle charger to keep it fresh.
              2003 Carbon Black - Karbonious CSL intake, CSL DME w/MAP, SSV1 headers/Catted Section1/63.5mm Section2, Shrick 280/272 cams, Lang Racing Stage 1 cylinder head, Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers (500#F/600#R), GC Sways, AutoSolutions SSK, Motorsport 3.91 rear diff, BBS RGR wheels, Streamline CSL front bumper

Comment

I'm planning to go with an Anti-Gravity Li-Ion battery when my CSL battery goes out. I think they're around $700 and weigh about 8-10lbs and are a stock battery size, so easy install.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Working...
                X