Old M3F Still A Possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old M3F Still A Possibility?

It looks like Sirius is still trying to revive the old M3F, sooo, the question beckons...if he's successful, do we all just migrate back to the old forum digs, or keep moving forward w/this one? I don't think that there's room for both, or that there's necessarily a need for both? Could they somehow be merged?

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/o...pic-aa/204-ogs
    Last edited by stash1; 03-27-2020, 06:26 AM.

I love the new look; but yeah definitely miss all of the great threads and useful info from the old one. Wonder if migrating all of the old data to the current site is a possibility?

Comment

It would be perfect to have all the info here. I used to look through the pictures of all the e46 m3’s back when they were new. Miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by stash1 View Post
        It looks like Sirius is still trying to revive the old M3F, sooo, the question beckons...if he's successful, do we all just migrate back to the old forum digs, or keep moving forward w/this one? I don't think that there's room for both, or that there's necessarily a need for both? Could they somehow be merged?

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/o...pic-aa/204-ogs
        If the old forum came back in a way that was likely to be reliable (and had the old data), I think it would be best to move back.

That said, I've been talking to Sirius throughout all of this-- seems extremely unlikely it's coming back.

... this forum will be gaining thousands upon thousands of threads from M3forum in the next couple days (all with there original post date, so they won't overwhelm the first page. Not all of them, but a ton of them.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

One can hope, but if we can atleast get the backup of threads, I'd be thrilled

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
          2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

If the old forum came back in a way that was likely to be reliable (and had the old data), I think it would be best to move back.

That said, I've been talking to Sirius throughout all of this-- seems extremely unlikely it's coming back.

... this forum will be gaining thousands upon thousands of threads from M3forum in the next couple days (all with there original post date, so they won't overwhelm the first page. Not all of them, but a ton of them.
            Ahhh, it kinda sounded like there was more than a glimmer of hope of bringing it back-oh well. If we can actually get back a bunch of the old threads and somehow merge them in an organized fashion...that would be pretty sweet too! Carry on, I'll just chill on the sidelines and wait to see what unfolds like everyone else I guess-lol.

Comment

I'm here too. Looking to see if we should migrate permanently here also or go back to M3F. It seems no one is even certain it will even BE back.
              Original Owner - 2003 ///M3 - 6MT/LSB/Impuls/Anthracite
              M3Forum.net member since Dec 2002

Official CPV O-RingOil Leak Fix:
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...pressure-valve

Comment

As much as I like this forum, theres thousands upon thousands of comments in all the threads on m3f. I cant tell you how many times a comment from 2009 on the 54th page of a thread has helped me out. It's that reason solely that I would prefer to stay there if it's possible to get back.

Comment

I am just thankful that Ian, Liam, Terra, and all the un-named (sp?) others who teamed up to make this new home a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Monkey View Post
                    I am just thankful that Ian, Liam, Terra, and all the un-named (sp?) others who teamed up to make this new home a reality.
                    Totally agree. Thank you to you guys.

Comment

I’m sad braymond went off and made a different forum. I loved his attention to detail and with him not here, I don’t be going out to follow him other than his instagram
                      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
                        I’m sad braymond went off and made a different forum. I loved his attention to detail and with him not here, I don’t be going out to follow him other than his instagram
                        What's the addy?
                        17 iO1 i3
                        16 F22 M235i
                        08 E93 M3
                        04 E46 M3 Carbon Schwarz - SMG II - Discovery Automotive tuned - AFE Stage 2 - SS Stepped - SS Metallic Cats - Eisenmann X-pipe - SS Race - 4.10 - ACS CF lip - 6000K Heads & Fogs - Tein S

Comment

Originally posted by Da Jemster View Post

What's the addy?
                          The vastly superior domain name of mforum.net

Don't type .com on the end though, it's a very different site

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
                            Why doesn't he come here? Is there some story? It's sad getting this community so fragmented.
                            Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post

Why doesn't he come here? Is there some story? It's sad getting this community so fragmented.
                              Not much of a story beyond us not being aware he was launching a site until he actually launched. Some philosophical differences in how we wanted to run the sites (Ian and I thought it would be best to focus on the communities that were active on the original m3forum, Brett wants to expand beyond that, Ian and I want to avoid having commercial sponsors, Brett does not). At this point both groups have taken on some costs that can't be refunded.

The fragmentation is unfortunate. This site is bigger thus far, but it seems like it's splitting up such that E46 guys are mostly here and E36 guys are mostly there.

Comment

Working...
                              X