DuracellTTU Build: 280/288 Cams, Lang Head, CSL Airbox, Full SS w/ Dyno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

He is so overrated by the E39 M5 community. Every time I mention that HTE does better tunes I am met with scorn and derision.
    Agreed, lesson learned the hard way.
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
      I don't think it was because of the injectors causing the low numbers nor do I think anybody without the full mods list needs them.
      Just to do this in mathematical, objective terms:

Stock injectors are roughly 270cc. If his current injector duty cycle with 550cc injectors is 55%, that means his injector duty cycle with 270cc at the same power level and fuel flow would be roughly 112% or something like that.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
        Nice numbers! Must be a blast to drive... I would be morbidly curious to know the total bill for all of this over 4 years lol
        Haha! I have a very detailed spreadsheet with every mod and maintenance item I've accomplished over my 15 years of ownership. If my wife ever saw it she would faint.
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
          I don't think it was because of the injectors causing the low numbers nor do I think anybody without the full mods list needs them.
          Curious to hear your reasoning. This isn’t the first time you have commented with that position without any additional detail.

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Curious to hear your reasoning. This isn’t the first time you have commented with that position without any reasoning.
            if you have steady 13.5:1 at peak power then injectors are probably not the root cause of anything

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

if you have steady 13.5:1 at peak power then injectors are probably not the root cause of anything
              From somebody who is genuinely trying to learn, can you help educate me on what that means?

Comment

From somebody who is genuinely trying to learn, can you help educate me on what that means?
                If it's not leaning out, then it's getting enough fuel, even at "full breath."
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

If it's not leaning out, then it's getting enough fuel, even at "full breath."
                  Gotcha, makes sense.

I ended up making more top end power, but that could have been tuner dependent.

Comment

I see some irony in making slightly more power as ratio leans out at the top - so do we actually want to flow more fuel? 😄 Though I guess the tuner can (safely) lower the fueling manually. Just a bit funny to me.

Was your AFR still 13.5 (at 8k rpm or whereever it stopped climbing) on that latest run that had a little more power? I would assume it dropped a bit, and more power was realized.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Aaah right, I had it backwards in my mind. Should be doable to remove that brazed nut, slot the hole and reattach the nut further down.

Thanks for posting all that info above! If I ever do cams, I'll probably do injectors at the same time.
                      Here are a few pics of different setups as I was going through the build. First one shows the mid-alignment of the 10mm bolt mount. Ignore the Rally Road spacers on the injector. Although they were very close in thickness to the two spacers, I ended up not using them. The nice thing about the Radium rail is that the mounting tabs are a separate piece so you can use different size spacers as needed.

Using a nut was too thick and made the rail sit too high.

Checking lower o-ring seal to determine the proper injector spacer height.

Two M5 washers ended up being the perfect height. Also used slightly longer M5-0.8 x 16mm socket cap screws. (Home Depot Everbilt hardware P/N 366 757 and 574 193, respectively)

Comment

Hassan tuned my car and I got pretty much the same numbers on stock brand new injectors.

He's an absolute pleasure to work with and the car drives amazing.

Happy that it's all worked out for you!
                        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                        2005 BMW ///M3
                        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                          Hassan tuned my car and I got pretty much the same numbers on stock brand new injectors.

He's an absolute pleasure to work with and the car drives amazing.

Happy that it's all worked out for you!
                          Nice! Is your dyno sheet on the Dyno thread? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Comment

So I'm a bit confused. With 288/280 Cams, Carbon Airbox, SSV1+dual 2.5 sec2+ 2.5 muffler, are upgraded fuel injectors necessary? Or just rebuilt/brand new stock. It's an old car and I don't want to just throw money at it that isnt needed.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmans View Post
                              So I'm a bit confused. With 288/280 Cams, Carbon Airbox, SSV1+dual 2.5 sec2+ 2.5 muffler, are upgraded fuel injectors necessary? Or just rebuilt/brand new stock. It's an old car and I don't want to just throw money at it that isnt needed.
                              Opinions are divided on this one. YMMV

Comment

Nice! Is your dyno sheet on the Dyno thread? I'd be interested in seeing it.
                                It isn't I didn't get a print out lol

2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                                2005 BMW ///M3
                                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X