Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running this square setup with different offsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

++1 on the last couple comments, I am running 18x9.5" with GC coilovers with no spacers

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      That kinda defeats one of the main purposes of a square setup which is the ability to rotate wheels/tires. The common setup is a 18x9.5 ET35 square with a 12mm spacer in the rear. The spacer in the rear effectively makes the offset ET23 for the rear pair.
      I run DForce 18 X9.5 ET35 for years in the street. Quite sturdy wheels despite "track only" suggestion. Michelin PS4s 265/35-18. No spacers in front. -2.0 camber NO RUBBING! No front fender work. Bone stock.
      FULL caster in front, BTW.

Rear: I found the suggested 12mm spacer in the rear to be not near enough. I tried a 15mm spacer. Nope.
      I ended up with a 20mm. Perfect. Perhaps my car differs because of my heavily cut and rolled rear fenders. But 20mm looks and handles perfect for me. Rear camber via Turner Camber Arms is -2.0

TCK single adjustable 650lb rear. TCK single adjustable 450lb Swift spring in front with TCK caster/camber plates and Swift teflon/steel thrust washers. My car is a heavy cabrio with giant 30mm anti sway bar in front. The Swift 450lb spring are exceedingly compliant for my car. Not over springed at all. In fact I need more spring. It bottoms out too easily. I have some TCK 550's that I will try in the front. I have the rebound cranked to near max. I bet I will be able to back that off with the 550's up front.

The 650lb TCK rears are a great match for my fronts. Perfect.
      The left rear shock is squeaking after two years. Going to have a look at it.

I run stock toe -in, front and rear.
      I want to upgrade to Öhlins and Turner Hybrid hats. The same set up that Obioban used to run.
      Last edited by BigDave; 05-17-2022, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X