Will these studs work w/ SSV1's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these studs work w/ SSV1's?

I installed these studs with the "shoulder" and e-torx head when I did my euro headers. I wondered if anyone happened to know if they are long enough to work with thicker flanged headers such as Supersprints?
    One thing with these studs I noticed if that they did NOT go in finger tight, they required usage of a tool. They didn't require a lot of torque, but more then I felt should be necessary. It def. made me nervous at the time but I proceeded. I am almost afraid it reamed the threads in the block out enough to were anonther set of studs might be too loose.
    I know E36 studs are to the go to buy want to know if what I've already got will work. Thanks!

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

These are the one's Terra suggests (from the n54)?

All I'll say is it'd be a no-go if they're any shorter than stock because my SSv1s didn't leave very much of my stock studs for fastening.

Do you remember comparing them to stock (length) when you swapped them?
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I just installed these studs on my s54 engine for the euro headers. They are made for The N54 engine but are now used on the s54 because they are longer and have the torx end. They were provided in the s54 header kit. I also had the same thing where I felt like it needed more pressure than I would like. However I got them all installed, I just made sure I was careful. They will work and are longer than the originals.
      Last edited by Bostonbruck; 06-10-2020, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Nice, there's some peace of mind, thanks!
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

??I wonder if they are oem Ford studs as used on zetec and Duratech heads.

Comment

Does anyone know if changing header studs is "best practice" when swapping to new headers that don't require longer studs?

I pulled my factory headers last weekend. The studs have some minor corrosion on the tips - minor to the point you can't feel it when taking off the copper nuts by hand. I have the same studs the OP mentioned above on order (figured it was cheap insurance to have on hand while doing the job), but I'm not sure I like how others have had difficulty installing these into the head. Specifically this:

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
            They didn't require a lot of torque, but more then I felt should be necessary. It def. made me nervous at the time but I proceeded. I am almost afraid it reamed the threads in the block out enough to were anonther set of studs might be too loose.
            Also - I presume people are using some sort of copper/hi-temp anti-seize product?
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
            X