ABS-DSC: Pressure Sensor Fault Code Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS-DSC: Pressure Sensor Fault Code Help

I’ve been receiving fault code 5E24 (Not Present) ABS-DSC: Pressure Sensor for months now and I’m wondering if the ABS Pressure Sensor is failing or is this the early sign of the whole ABS unit failing? It seems to appear every other drive even after clearing, I have a 2006 with 100,000 miles. Any input is appreciated!

Update I'm still having an issue with "5e24 ABS/DSC Pressure Sensors/not present" fault code, and I've replaced both pressure sensors with Genuine BMW new sensors and still get this error! Any idea what could be my problem? I've searched everywhere for similar experiences, however every thread I've found with "5e24" seems to always be accompanied by 5E20 or 5E21 specifying which sensor is acting up. I've run out of ideas

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Good; 01-18-2021, 08:42 PM.

Hello,

Around 66,000 miles I had error 5E21(Pressure sensor 2 Electrical faulty) and 5E20(Pressure sensor 1 Electrical Faulty). The errors would go on and then vanish for like 3 months, then come back and vanish again for a long time. Eventually they started coming on every other drive. I ended up DIYing and replacing the two pressure sensors attached to the brake master cylinder. Many miles later they have never came back after being replaced.

Hope this helps you in any way or maybe just to show you they do get faulty. If you need any advice with the DIY PM me I'll be glad to help in any way. : )

Comment

I had the same thing when I first bought my car 4 years ago. Replaced both sensors attached to the brake master cylinder and have had no issues since. I got ebay sensors for cheap and they still going strong.

Comment

Had the 5E20 code and DSC and brake Amber lights came on twice. Replaced both sensors and no codes after a few hundred miles.

Comment

Update: I’ve replaced both pressure sensors with OE sensors, however still receive 5E24 Pressure Sensors (Not Present). I can’t seem to find any information on m3cutters either.

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post
            Update: I’ve replaced both pressure sensors with OE sensors, however still receive 5E24 Pressure Sensors (Not Present). I can’t seem to find any information on m3cutters either.
            Good did you ever resolve your issue?

Comment

Im about to order both sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                Same but worries me that Good replaced both and still getting the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Good did you ever resolve your issue?

It was super weird, the codes kept coming back even after replacing! But eventually stopped coming back which makes no sense to me. I'm just glad the problem is fixed. It was a nightmare after trying a pair of shit Uro sensors (one being immediately shot), exchanging for OE, and then still having the error come back gradually stopping completely from throwing code. The job is a a pain in the ass dealing with brake fluid eating away at your gloves (even thick 9 mil); but once it's done keep driving the car and clearing codes until they stop returning!

Comment

you are suppose to realign the sensors once you install them

this takes both readings back to zero

Click image for larger version

Name:	33634E8E-0FDE-46E4-884F-3FEBF4AAD319.jpeg
Views:	2853
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	97500 Click image for larger version

Name:	5F185406-4F49-4F58-AB9B-E850AB374EAF.jpeg
Views:	2728
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	97502 Click image for larger version

Name:	2FA8A9E3-5E4E-4B23-9D7B-D38DBA68637B.jpeg
Views:	2771
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	97501

Comment

Anyone have a good source to buy the sensors? Thanks.

Comment

Anyone have a good source to buy the sensors? Thanks.
                        i’m getting mine from FCP.

Comment

No lifetime warranty but about 12 bucks cheaper per sensor.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I was going to just do the master cylinder at the same time. But then I saw the price. Is there no OE available for our brake MC?!? $600 is ridiculous

Comment

My car has been sitting for a while and just today I am noticing the issues with the brake pedal. When the car is off the pedal is somewhat firm. When the car is on the brake pedal is complete butter.

My scanner said there was an issue with the brake pressure sensor. Can someone confirm?

Comment

Working...
                              X