Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove that sleeve ?

Comment

Random question can you replace the vanos gasket without fully removing the vanos itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
        Random question can you replace the vanos gasket without fully removing the vanos itself?

Technically possible, but you probably want to get in there and clean up the mating surfaces. If you just disconnect the splined shafts (and don't touch the sprocket bolts), you don't need to redo the timing.
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Remove the vanos solenoid plate, then just unbolt the vanos module, then separate it from the head about 1", then replace the gasket, and put things back in reverse order.

Comment

Yes, As mentioned above be sure to clean both surfaces. I use red 3M scotchbrite pad.

Don’t use anything too abrasive as the head is aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should I coat the gasket in a thin layer of Honda bond?

Comment

Should I coat the gasket in a thin layer of Honda bond?

Only time I ever advocate using any sealant is around the lower left hole if there was previously a leak from that area. If so, use a *thin* layer of sealant on the head side. I use toyota fipg but hondabond likely works well too.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Only time I ever advocate using any sealant is around the lower left hole if there was previously a leak from that area. If so, use a *thin* layer of sealant on the head side. I use toyota fipg but hondabond likely works well too.
                  Got it. Gasket can go on ether way right? Or do you prefer the crushed side go towards the head?

Comment

Got it. Gasket can go on ether way right? Or do you prefer the crushed side go towards the head?

“””
                    If vanos top corner alignment dowels remained on engine head place vanos gasket on engine head.
                    Place gasket on head with gasket ridge to vanos (front). Gasket two lower tabs will point to vanos (front) (picture).
                    “””

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X