Tips/tricks for coolant flush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
    I just used a banjo bolt and some AN6 line with a plug on the end to make draining the block a lot easier and less messy.

might be worth adding a manual valve inline as a fail safe for a street car.

Now my car no longer pees on the toilet seat...
    Can you elaborate? Where exactly does the banjo bolt go? And how does it work with the AN6 line and plug? Sounds interesting if this is a non invasive mod

Comment

This is a quick and easy coolant flush guide for the E46 M3. Instead of removing the lower radiator hose (which is very troublesome) I removed the temp senso...

Ive done it twice following what this guy did.... you'll need 2.5 gallons of 50-50
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post

Can you elaborate? Where exactly does the banjo bolt go? And how does it work with the AN6 line and plug? Sounds interesting if this is a non invasive mod
        You replace the drain plug in the block with a banjo bolt. Then you’ll need a hose with a banjo fitting on one end and a straight fitting on the other. I chose SS braided hose from eBay. Then just install a cap on the end.

Let me see if I can dig up a pic of it.

Comment

Working...
        X