Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it realistic to find an e46 m3 coupe 6 speed for under 10k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it realistic to find an e46 m3 coupe 6 speed for under 10k?

Hey guys, I am been giving thoughts on possibly picking up another e46 coupe 6 speed for a build. I have a low mileage 01 LSB that I am having second thoughts of on continuing to mod. I was thinking about restoring the 01 LSB to stock and picking up another to mod.

You guys think it’s post to pick up say an 03.5 + coupe 6 speed for less then 10k? Say a black on black or blue (not LSB) on black? Also would like the car in decent shape, not say 100% but nothing major.

Nope.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

HAHAHA thanks for the insightful response Ian.

Comment

Am I looking at 01-02’s at that price point?

What about higher mileage one 100k to 150k miles?

Possibly an rebuilt title car?

Comment

You can, but it's 100% going to be beat, and likely require $5k to $10k in work to get it presentable.

Another option is to buy an SMG and swap it. I'm currently following a video series on a guy that bought an SMG car that wasn't running for $3k and swapped it.
          2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

It will be a beat up piece of crap with 150k-200k. Probably even rebuilt title. Pretty much only good for stripping the interior and rebuilding the drivetrain/suspension for race use.
            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Better off to continue modding the car you have now because wrenching on a shitbox isn’t going to be fun. It’ll be a pain in the ass. I’ve seen others buy the cheapest M3 possible and spend good money on repairs.

Comment

The issue I am having is my car low mileage and the interior is stock and in great condition. I would like to build a lightweight and striped out track oriented m3 like the GTS or like a GT3. It’s kinda heart wrenching thinking about striping and continuing modding this one. Especially with e46 prices continuing to rise. I could see the e46 coupe 6 speed being like an e30 in 15 years.

I considered an smg then swapping it over. What is the cost of that?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
                  I considered an smg then swapping it over. What is the cost of that?
                  Parts are between 1.5k to 2k (without selling any of the SMG parts). Not sure on labor, probably 1 to 2 days.
                  2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post

Parts are between 1.5k to 2k (without selling any of the SMG parts). Not sure on labor, probably 1 to 2 days.
                    Wow, so it’s 1.5k to 2k in parts plus the cost of labor?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Wow, so it’s 1.5k to 2k in parts plus the cost of labor?
                      1.5k is what the entire parts list cost me from the DIY on this forum, pretty much exactly 1 year ago. Since I went with the most expensive SSK it ended up at 2k. Not sure about labor, I DIY'd the swap. I've heard that SMG conversion experts can get the job done in one day.
                      2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

deciding to put up my 2002 e46 m3 for sale. the car I a impala red coupe 6 speed manual wit ha Clean title. the car currently has 290k miles which hare all highway milage. previous owner had it since...

Here you go. You can't ask for much more if your able to get it for 7k. Clean title Imola with original 6 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooz View Post
                          https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9216204609484/

Here you go. You can't ask for much more if your able to get it for 7k. Clean title Imola with original 6 speed.
                          I won’t mind higher miles but 290k seems a bit too much.

The big question I guess would be if I could get an SMG then convert it for under 10k or maybe even an R title one.
                          Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 06-14-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooz View Post
                            https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9216204609484/

subframe has no cracks you can have anyone look at it
                            At 290k mi? Lol no way. Also that car is going to need its third set of rod bearings soon.

It does look surprisingly good for the mileage though.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

At 290k mi? Lol no way. Also that car is going to need its third set of rod bearings soon.

It does look surprisingly good for the mileage though.
                              Yea I doubt subframe is free of cracks

Comment

Working...
                              X