Real or Fake Gruppe m?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real or Fake Gruppe m?

Friend of mine is curious if this is a real titanium gruppe m muffler. I know there were replicas out there back in the day when these came out. Just wondering if anyone else would know if this is a genuine titanium gruppe m or a replica.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200614-142450_eBay.jpg
Views:	701
Size:	364.0 KB
ID:	34413

Based on the condition of the metal (no rust and appears to definitely be titanium), the 30 pie cuts and welds, and the fancy drilled ltw hangers and brackets, it looks to be the real deal
    - https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...RoCqK4QAvD_BwE

Comment

Get the serial number. Every real Gruppe M part has a different serial number. The reps of these all had the same serial numbers.
      2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 BMW ///M3
      Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
      2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
      2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
      2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

The replicas were known to be great quality as well. They go for only a few hundred less than a genuine one generally. The first tell tale sign is the weight. It should around 11 pounds to test if it's aluminum. The serial number is also known to fall off. I'm pretty sure I have an authentic one but the serial number fell off. One thing I will note is mine has blue tips and the titanium has a more bronze color when it's heat cycle a few times.

I called GruppeM and they were helpful in helping me figure everything out the best they could. Call them and ask.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
        X