Individual Valve Shims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual Valve Shims

Can someone please direct me to where I can purchase individual valve shims? My motor requires many in the 2.28, 2.30, & 2.32 range. Most kits come with 3 or so of each, which would require multiple kits.

Thanks,

Anywhere that sells BMW parts can sell individual shims.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Realoem lists the individual part numbers for each size here: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_3006

Just get the part numbers for the sizes you need and order them from wherever you get your parts. I recommend FCP.

Comment

The online BMW retailers can source individual OE shims at wholesale cost, or amazon/ebay has refill packs of 5 single sized WISECO shims such as these - https://www.amazon.com/Wiseco-Valve-.../dp/B007GR5BLI

Comment

Also, don't forget that you can re-use shims. So if you pull a couple of one size, and then need to use that size elsewhere, you can do that. A simple micrometer (I use the digital one from Harbor Freight) is important to properly size every shim you pull and the replacements you put in.

Comment

Just get the wiseco refill kit for the sizes you need:

Free Shipping - Wiseco Valve Shims with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Valve Clearance Shims at Summit Racing.

Free Shipping - Wiseco Valve Shims with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Valve Clearance Shims at Summit Racing.

I don't think 2.30mm shims exist. The wiseco shims are top quality and same hardness as OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
              I don't think 2.30mm shims exist.
              I don't think so either. FWIW, the BMW kit also skips 2.30mm.
              For that in-between size, you can use a worn 2.32mm disc.

Comment

I've used THIS guy a few times. He's in Australia but ships fast and has any thickness you can think off!

Comment

Found then at the dealer same day with shop discount (cheaper than FCP). Thanks for the resources though as some of these will surely come in handy in the future!

Comment

I always ordered them from dealer because the one I used to live down the road from was awesome. Someone still got the sizes wrong. They did overnight shipping and they gave me a small discount. If a parts department knows you, maybe you can get in with them
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I've had really good luck with the weisco shims, also because they're not BMW gold I don't feel bad lapping them down to get the in-between sizes.

Comment

Working...
                      X