Recommended Engine Mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post

maupineda - did you end up trying them out?
    Xmetal - how are the 034 MS mounts holding up?
    I did. They are perfect. I came from VT mount which where atrocious for NVH, I had to raise the idle and the car would be unforgiving when driving off at low engine speeds, the MS ones where like pillows in comparison without affecting shift quality. Perfect balance!

Comment

I just purchased the 034 ones myself. Had a pair of the BW ones hanging around which I never installed given the feedback on this forum. Sounds like it could be a win-win if the 034s don't introduce NVH like several post prior have claimed.

Comment

Another vote for 034 Motorsport mount, have them 2 years already absolutely flawless no drawback, plus better response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post

maupineda - did you end up trying them out?
          Xmetal - how are the 034 MS mounts holding up?
          Still perfect and love it after a bit over 3 years with it, although I had only put about 4K miles on the car since I'd installed these mounts

Comment

I'm using these because I bought a faulty Turner intake second hand. It rubber against the microfilter tray so I just lowered the engine. It says 5mm however, it only lowered like a millimeter or two since my mounting were so shot. NVH takes a week or two to get used to. They give you a couple 5mm spaces to keep stock height. Overall it's not bad. Only found VANOS solenoid pack bolts missing. I bought a new solenoid module and I'm loctiting them just to be sure. Something to check for everyone who has stiffer than stock mounts. I was super impressed with the quality of the MSW mounts though. I've had them for maybe 2 years.
            MSW Enhanced Engine Mounts (EEM) take advantage of years of experience in racing and track days with E36, E46, E9XM3, Z3, and Z4 models.  Improved mass control of your engine, without the drawbacks of solid mounts.  Great for performance street driving, track days, and especially endurance racing.
            This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
              I'm using these because I bought a faulty Turner intake second hand. It rubber against the microfilter tray so I just lowered the engine. It says 5mm however, it only lowered like a millimeter or two since my mounting were so shot. NVH takes a week or two to get used to. They give you a couple 5mm spaces to keep stock height. Overall it's not bad. Only found VANOS solenoid pack bolts missing. I bought a new solenoid module and I'm loctiting them just to be sure. Something to check for everyone who has stiffer than stock mounts. I was super impressed with the quality of the MSW mounts though. I've had them for maybe 2 years.
              That looks like a knock-off version of VT?

Comment

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post

That looks like a knock-off version of VT?
                Could just be a similar style. They also are close looking to the Black Forest Industries ones. I don't think they're ripping from anyone though
                This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I also have the MSW mounts paired with the stiffer RE transmission mounts. I would say the NVH is up there from stock but increasing the idle RPM a bit helps.

Comment

VT were absolute garbage! I didnt even have like 3000kms on the car and always vibrations and it didnt hit me it was from the POS VT mounts. I changed them out for stock and bam car is silky smooth. Opened them up and they were damaged so i asked VT for replacement inserts and they refused so i was like they can go in the store and never come back out again.

I'll get some 034 mounts to try next time.

Comment

Same issues with the VT mounts on the E9X M3.

Except for solids, no engine mount is going to last a long time. Just stick with OE and make your life easy. Poly mounts are trash…poly is trash in every application.

Comment

OE. Buy from FCP or ECS and just warranty them if you own the car when they go bad again

Comment

Working...
                        X