Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Engine Mounts?

Hi All,

I was on M3F for years and used mostly for research but wouldn't call myself a power user. Bummer a lot of that knowledge is gone, but thanks to Obioban for getting this forum going.

Having my rod bearings done soon and looks like it makes sense to do the engine mounts and FCABs (my shop is recommending Meyle FCABs) too. What engine mounts are people using? My car has 112K, will see ~2K/yr, and a handful of track days a year.

TIA.

Addam

OE BMW or Corteco OES E9x (replaces E46)
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Stock if you care about NHV at all.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Stock unless it's a 100% dedicated track car (note that the stock versions are an updated E9x design now I believe). I had some Vorshlag poly engine mounts on my old AW and ended up having to remove them, the vibration at idle drove me insane.

Comment

Go stock. I have the Bimmerworld Group N mounts and my phone will rattle off the dash now. I'm cammed too but still. Didn't do it before lol
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I'm running Vibra-Technics engine mounts, which are supposed to reduce NVH while being semi-solidish.

Yet I agree, go with stock. I'll probably switch mine out soon.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

stock.... swapped to black AKG's several years ago and immediately took them out for the OE stuff. wayyyyy too much NVH
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I got the Rouge Engineering Group N Engine Mounts... only mainly because I had an order for them for trans mounts and shifter etc and I definately didnt want poly or solid... the Group N mounts have the same allowable failure point as stock mounts for an accident... I dont have any of the NVH issues everyone seems to say "anything but stock" will create... not sure if I am a weird case or have a different threshold to others... but in general i would say for things like engine mounts there is no real performance gain to be had over stock... like I said i mainly got the Group N mounts through RE as I had an order going and maybe they were cheaper as well... cant remember...

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                  I'm running Vibra-Technics engine mounts, which are supposed to reduce NVH while being semi-solidish.

Yet I agree, go with stock. I'll probably switch mine out soon.
                  Which Vibras are you running, the street or race?

Currently running Poly bushings. I do not recommend them, the vibration if you lift around 5k is terrible. If you go race go full solid, otherwise stick with some sort of rubber.

Comment

I road in a friend's car with aftermarket Group-N mounts and the entire car had a buzz through it at idle along with the dash vibrating every time the A/C compressor switched on. Just like a few other mods I can name, it made the car unpleasant to ride in.

Comment

To everyone complaining about a slight vibration at idle w/aftermarket mounts...just try raising your idle by 50-100rpms. With the amount of tuning software options available, this is pretty easy to do, and will generally all but eliminate the little bit of vibration you’re experiencing.

Comment

I've had the BW Group-N for ~75k now, no noticeable increase in NVH with the idle bumped up to 1000 rpm. Quite happy with them actually.

Comment

That's actually a good Idea to just raise the idle rpm. Says me sitting at an intersection with the right foot slightly on the gas to manually raise revs for less vibration 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post

Which Vibras are you running, the street or race?

Currently running Poly bushings. I do not recommend them, the vibration if you lift around 5k is terrible. If you go race go full solid, otherwise stick with some sort of rubber.
                            I ran a GB on these a few yrs ago, and would strongly recommend the ‘street’ ones. They provide plenty of firmness & make the throttle/engine response feel quicker & more direct. I’ve had them for around 4-5yrs now, and no complaints. I raised the idle rpms by 100, and you can’t tell any difference from stock at idle.

Comment

I had the vibratechs and raised the idle... and was still unhappy with them and went back to stock.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X