Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Pillar Install

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A Pillar Install

    Is there a trick to reinstaling A pillars. I am having a tough time aligning it proper mounting points.
    Just some old shitty cars.

    #2
    Generally, set the forward edge toward the instrument panel and bring the rest of the part outward toward the pillar. Take your time, you'll get it.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
      Generally, set the forward edge toward the instrument panel and bring the rest of the part outward toward the pillar. Take your time, you'll get it.
      I need to walk away from it, will try again tomorrow.
      Just some old shitty cars.

      Comment


        #4
        Good timing on this post, I have new ones ready to go in when my car finds its way back to me...

        Comment


          #5
          Headliner was surprisingly painless.
          Just some old shitty cars.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

            I need to walk away from it, will try again tomorrow.
            A pillars shouldn't be too difficult to reinstall. Pull back that portion of the rubber door seal (be careful with the wire on the passenger side), slot the front of the pillar into the dash and wiggle it into place.

            Good call on walking away for a bit.

            Comment


              #7
              I'll add:

              Take care not to strip the screw threads or the heads while doing this. I encountered fairly stripped Allen heads on my track car A pillar and they were a real pain due to the tight angle.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

                I need to walk away from it, will try again tomorrow.
                This is honestly the best way to go and a tool that more people need to keep in their boxes.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Walking away was a pro-level move.

                  I recently did this and I agree it can be difficult to line up. Start with the bottom leading edge where the locating tab is. Put the tab into the cutout then grab the top of the pillar. Push downward into the dashboard as you wiggle the top of the pillar (think slot machine type motion). It should slide into position. If it doesn't, back it fully out and start over. A bigger hammer isn't the answer. After that just mirror the angle of the pillar and pillar cover. I remember thinking the a-pillar screws required a lot more force to get in than I thought it would. The angle is odd and space is limited.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by rockstar b View Post

                    This is honestly the best way to go and a tool that more people need to keep in their boxes.

                    Yep. And the irony is I always keep going and just make things worse.

                    I'm pretty stupid.



                    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                    2023 X3M Competition

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X