Is there a trick to reinstaling A pillars. I am having a tough time aligning it proper mounting points.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
A Pillar Install
Collapse
X
-
A pillars shouldn't be too difficult to reinstall. Pull back that portion of the rubber door seal (be careful with the wire on the passenger side), slot the front of the pillar into the dash and wiggle it into place.Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
I need to walk away from it, will try again tomorrow.
Good call on walking away for a bit.
- Likes 1
Comment
-
Walking away was a pro-level move.
I recently did this and I agree it can be difficult to line up. Start with the bottom leading edge where the locating tab is. Put the tab into the cutout then grab the top of the pillar. Push downward into the dashboard as you wiggle the top of the pillar (think slot machine type motion). It should slide into position. If it doesn't, back it fully out and start over. A bigger hammer isn't the answer. After that just mirror the angle of the pillar and pillar cover. I remember thinking the a-pillar screws required a lot more force to get in than I thought it would. The angle is odd and space is limited.
Comment
-
Thanks guys. Headliner, visors and C pillars went in yesterday.
This was the situation in the beginning of install. My house is a sunroof hate-free zone.
Quick update: super easy job. I’m embarrassed to have even posted. My best advice is: walk away and come back next day.Last edited by 02_lsb; 09-29-2026, 01:20 PM.Just some old shitty cars.
Comment
-
Yeah getting it in the front groove and that notch goes a long way. Sometimes it feels like it’s set in but it has more room. Glad it worked out for you. Often people break that front tab forcing it at wrong angle.Originally posted by 02_lsb View PostThanks guys. Headliner, visors and C pillars went in yesterday.
Quick update: super easy job. I’m embarrassed to have even posted. My best advice is: walk away and come back next day.
6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - Euro Bumper - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode
Comment

Comment