Overheating on fwy with AC on during hot weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sapote View Post

Saw what? What was the measured battery voltage (whatever apps or blue tooth devices) with the stock alternator?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

11V means the old alternator has worn brushes (or bad internal regulator chips), so just replace the regulator and the old alternator should work with close to 14v output again, no need to replace with higher wattage alternator.

Comment

11V means the old alternator has worn brushes (or bad internal regulator chips), so just replace the regulator and the old alternator should work with close to 14v output again, no need to replace with higher wattage alternator.
        I did that and it was the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

I did that and it was the same.
          Same 11v with new regulator installed?
          I don't believe that the working stock alternator can't output enough current to keep the voltage at 14v when fan is running. I'm interested to see what the batt voltage is when cold engine idling with no fan running; I bet it's not 14v.

Comment

Same 11v with new regulator installed?
            I don't believe that the working stock alternator can't output enough current to keep the voltage at 14v when fan is running. I'm interested to see what the batt voltage is when cold engine idling with no fan running; I bet it's not 14v.
            I'll do a full logging of the voltage when I get the car back. But bottom line issue resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X