OE manufacturer part list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OE manufacturer part list

Does anyone have the OE manufacture part list that used to be on M3F?

I dont think so. It wasn't a file like the torque spec sheet. I was going to remake it though. I remember most things. What are you looking for?

Comment

Water pump, FCP list the Saleri but it doesn’t look OE.

Comment

Originally posted by 8000RPM View Post
        Water pump, FCP list the Saleri but it doesn’t look OE.
        BMW makes this part or at least I did not see it stamped with the OEM manufacturer's logo and it is not available direct from the OEM similar to other parts like tie rods and bushings (all being Lemforder).

Comment

Saleri does have the bmw logo ground off so probably is the OE part
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200626-225415_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1024
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	38181
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
            Saleri does have the bmw logo ground off so probably is the OE part
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200626-225415_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	38181
            The impeller is LASO and metal, so not OE. They most likely are using or reusing the housing similar to what Bosch does with Valeo alternators.
            Last edited by Slideways; 06-26-2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Ah good catch, oe is black iirc
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I have my water pump out right now. I’ll be home in a few hours I’ll take a look for you. IIRC this was never confirmed on the last forum. I ended up going with OEM bmw for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post
                  I have my water pump out right now. I’ll be home in a few hours I’ll take a look for you. IIRC this was never confirmed on the last forum. I ended up going with OEM bmw for this reason.
                  ECS has clear photos of the OE pump. My guess is Febi makes the impeller and supplies it to BMW who makes the housing. The part identification looks very similar on Febi's fan blade and the OE BMW water pump impeller -

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 11.27.35 AM.png
Views:	1237
Size:	975.0 KB
ID:	38268 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 11.25.28 AM.png
Views:	1176
Size:	716.7 KB
ID:	38269

"GF-40" 2/2 "GF-15" 6/5

Comment

Yeah this is a hard one to figure out completely. Saleri makes the non-M E46 water pumps. Saleri is listed at FCPEuro as OE for the M3. And that would be good enough, but on ECSTuning they show Saleri M3 pump using a Laso brand metal impellar. If not for this it would be a done deal. If ECSTuning has wrong photos or Saleri used another impellar for a time, but that's a lot of "if"s.

As far as Febi's marking being close to the pumps, actually the SALERI brand E46 non-M impellar resembles markings closer to the M3's pump imho.
                    And if you look at the Genuine BMW pump you can see at the 3 o'clock position a brand marking that looks like a SI. For who? Maybe SalerI? Dunno.

NON-M Saleri E46

Name:	open-uri20170922-11884-10gnpf.?1506104239.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	38822
                    M3 Genuine BMW

Name:	474561_x800.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	38823
                    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I bought the Saleri from FCP based on them noting it the “OE”. I got it in the mail and sure enough it has a metal impeller. I’m using it anyway because I don’t feel like delaying but a little ticked they called it OE.

Comment

The bottom of this page has a good starter list:
                        2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

I feel bad for anyone doing a Search and getting this thread’s misleading title. Since unlike the original it has no list of OE parts.
                          Title really should be changed.
                          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                            Yeah this is a hard one to figure out completely. Saleri makes the non-M E46 water pumps. Saleri is listed at FCPEuro as OE for the M3. And that would be good enough, but on ECSTuning they show Saleri M3 pump using a Laso brand metal impellar. If not for this it would be a done deal. If ECSTuning has wrong photos or Saleri used another impellar for a time, but that's a lot of "if"s.

As far as Febi's marking being close to the pumps, actually the SALERI brand E46 non-M impellar resembles markings closer to the M3's pump imho.
                            And if you look at the Genuine BMW pump you can see at the 3 o'clock position a brand marking that looks like a SI. For who? Maybe SalerI? Dunno.
                            If that were the case, then Saleri would not use a LASO metal impeller on the E46 M3 waterpump. I'd go for the BMW product on this one.

Edit: Febi is not OE as GPM is marked on the pump.
                            Last edited by Slideways; 07-01-2020, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                              If that were the case, then Saleri would not use a LASO metal impeller on the E46 M3 waterpump. The non-M impeller is most likely supplied by Febi as Febi's website shows almost all, if not all, of their BMW waterpumps have plastic/composite impellers with similar markings. Febi is German and that is what is stamped on the impeller.
                              Saleri basically only makes water pumps. They are a major WP supplier. Febi-Bilstein barely makes these for BMW and not water pump OE for anyone that I'm aware of? You'd be hard pressed to find their WP even in the marketplace. Saleri is OE for BMW, (Audi, Mercedes).
                              Yes I'm aware Saleri is in Italy. Still I would be very surprised if they get their impellar from Febi, if you look at the only E46 waterpump they did make it didn't have markings anyhwere near the ones Saleri has and the Febi brand one doesn't even have GERMANY on it. But I do not know, so it's possible.

E46 Febi from their own website

Comment

Working...
                              X