Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL MAP + Intake Air Temp sensor wiring info

Hey everyone,

I'm sure this information was posted on the old website, but for those of you who are doing the CSL airbox conversion and wish to run the MAP + temp sensor setup, I thought I'd post up the wiring guide here for easy access:
    • MAP sensor:
      • Pin 1 Red / Green 0.5mm to DME X60003 Pin 7 (Shared Power)
      • Pin 2 Brown / Orange 0.5 mm to DME X60003 Pin 17 (Ground)
      • Pin 3 Yellow 0.5mm to DME X60003 Pin 18 (Signal)
    • Temperature sensor:
      • Pin 1 Yellow / Blue 0.5mm to DME X60003 Pin 22 (Power)
      • Pin 2 Brown 0.5mm to DME X60003 Pin 25 (Ground)

Buildjournal has a slightly different mapping of MAP wires. DIY here.

They say the brown/orange wire to insert into pin 16. I'm not sure if this matters much?
    2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
    2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
      Buildjournal has a slightly different mapping of MAP wires. DIY here.

They say the brown/orange wire to insert into pin 16. I'm not sure if this matters much?
      IIRC there’s a few that had problems with PIN 16 not sure what it comes down to.
      06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post

IIRC there’s a few that had problems with PIN 16 not sure what it comes down to.
        Interesting to find out. The previous owner of my car had the Kessel MAP plugged into 17 instead of 16. I need to find a way to test if the sensor is working as expected.

Comment

Interesting to find out. The previous owner of my car had the Kessel MAP plugged into 17 instead of 16. I need to find a way to test if the sensor is working as expected.
          Yeah I use 17 too, just like most members. You can use Testo to check the MAP.
          Now you’ve wired your MAP sensor as per my guide, it’s time to check it’s plumbed in properly and reading what it should. To check the reading we require a 3rd party tool called Testo. Testo is based the Ediabas API and provides realtime data. In order to use Testo you will need the following: A copy of Testo, available to download here Working INPA installation An OBD2 cable that is compatible with INPA Visual Studio C++ redistributable package, this is only required if you receive an error regarding ‘MSVCP100.dll’. Extract Testo to a folder and run the ‘Testo.exe’ executable.
          06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post

Yeah I use 17 too, just like most members. You can use Testo to check the MAP.
            https://www.ecuworx.co.uk/2016/03/15...g-a-csl-clone/
            I just gave that app a try and received an error of 'Failed to open port COM9'. It recognized my DME no problems and I double checked with INPA if the cable works well and no issues with INPA.

Comment

You need to set your USB to COM9 for Testo to function.
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                Nice thanks. I ended up installing the standalone version and it appeared to work without having to change any ports.

So if I'm reading this right... either my MAP sensor is entirely dead, or my DME hasn't been enabled to track it yet? I have a mss54hp DME but haven't upgraded the software to a CSL version yet to get enable a MAP sensor.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                  Or change the port number under the [serial] section in testo.ini to whatever your usual com port is.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I have a mss54hp DME but haven't upgraded the software to a CSL version yet to get enable a MAP sensor.
                    The sensor won't work without the CSL software.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

The sensor won't work without the CSL software.
                      Thought so. Thanks for confirming. Sounds like this will be my next quarantine project.

Comment

Working...
                      X