No announcement yet.

Help refreshing tckline da suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i remeber roght, those bolts are welded into that loop underneath. Not aure if that is possible. U less you are trying to scrap it all the way and just do bolts.

Comment

From your pic on post #5 of the underside of the plate, it doesn't look like it's welded, but I could be wrong. You should inspect it and see if it could be a press-in stud, and if so you can just order some from McMaster or local fastener store, then its just a matter of hammering out the old ones and replacing them with new ones that are longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadytype View Post
        If i remeber roght, those bolts are welded into that loop underneath. Not aure if that is possible. U less you are trying to scrap it all the way and just do bolts.
        Yep, they are spot welded. I think this is to keep the three bolts in alignment with each other when making camber changes. Going with individual bolts would probably require a lot of fiddling.

Comment

Update, used new longer bolts. You are correct that tckline bolts/screws are spot welded together. When taking everything apart the caster screws were completely loose and explains some driving characteristics.

Tightened and cleaned everything up, car now has stopped pulling right. I get much less spring binding noise although it's still persistent at low speed with some coming from the rear perches that are very rusted.

Will probably bite on new tck springs 400f 600r rear height adjusters and some new bearings.

Sad these look like such nice peices online when new, that's what happens when you buy a car that was driven in winter only one time.

I retained the reinforcement plate. Tckline rep informed that it's not necessary due to the half moon providing that function, I may take it off when new ec7rs arrive. Apparently you can't reach max camber with it on.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CrisSilberGrau; 07-02-2020, 04:59 PM.
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
          M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Oh I wanted to refresh all 6 nuts, but one of them was $28.98... ONE NUT. I guess I'm an idiot for buying from a dealership. So I just got the one.
            Attached Files
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
            M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Crazy... under $12 everywhere online.
              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                Update, used new longer bolts. You are correct that tckline bolts/screws are spot welded together. When taking everything apart the caster screws were completely loose and explains some driving characteristics.

Tightened and cleaned everything up, car now has stopped pulling right. I get much less spring binding noise although it's still persistent at low speed with some coming from the rear perches that are very rusted.

Will probably bite on new tck springs 400f 600r rear height adjusters and some new bearings.

Sad these look like such nice peices online when new, that's what happens when you buy a car that was driven in winter only one time.

I retained the reinforcement plate. Tckline rep informed that it's not necessary due to the half moon providing that function, I may take it off when new ec7rs arrive. Apparently you can't reach max camber with it on.
                Whats your definition of max camber??
                i have the plates on and do my own alignment. I have had it as high as 3.8 and usually run around 3.4-3.6.

lots of fall in on the steering running that high.

Also, I cannot get rid of my spring bind issue. I ven bought the derlin thrush washers. It helped a bit, but its still there. The binding is bad enough to give some resistance when letting jesus take the wheel. I usually disassemvle and clean. Been using belray dry chain lube for motorcycles to give it a little slickness.

But still chasing the binding none the less. TCK says it shouldnt be happening. Well. It. Is.

Comment

Working...
                X