Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY: E46 M3 S54 detailed rod bearing replacement and front suspension refreshment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: E46 M3 S54 detailed rod bearing replacement and front suspension refreshment

Author: bimmerfan08
    Date: 10/29/2016

I have a PDF of this but when I hit "Upload Attachments" I get an error saying error uploading image. It's 300 pages and 27MB so maybe over the limit or can we not upload docs?

Here's a shareable link to the file...

Thanks for linking this! Glad it's still accessible.

Comment

Thanks for documenting this! That must have taken a crap-load of time.

Comment

Thank you so much, I'll be doing my soon so this is EXTREMELY helpful!

Comment

Bookmarked and saved !
          I am doing the rod bearing at the end of the season in my garage. This is gonna be a great resource along with the FCP Euro Video guide ! SALUT !

Comment

There are two DIYs that suggest to put RTV around the perimeter of the oil pan gasket. It is only necessary to use RTV (Drei-bond) on the joints where the block meets the front timing cover and the rear main seal. This will create much less unnecessary mess and potential for getting loose RTV sucked into the oil pump screen.

Use two or three zip ties to hold the gasket in place on the oil pan during reinstall.

Comment

I lack the words to properly express my gratitude for providing this. The detail is stellar, such a gift. Exponentially beyond your average DIY... thank you!

-Random guy in Florida who owes you big time

Comment

Saving this for when I attempt to tackle this in the next few thousand miles

Comment

This is awesome stuff - well done

Comment

Working...
                  X