Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euro cats: require lengthened EGT/O2 sensor wires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dxj View Post
    I did it as you’re suggesting and it worked out.
    Thanks, that worked out great.

I moved on to removing the section of corrugated loom all the way back to the rubber "T" grommet further up the branch, and I'm wondering how best to handle wrapping up the wires at this point, since some need to back where they came from and the others need to route down the tunnel. My thought:

Post O2/EGT: I have some DEI sleeving on the way I will use to wrap around each set of sensor wires. Thought is to then slide the original corrugated sleeving back over all wires at the rubber "T" and just pop the post O2/EGT wires out of a notch cut out in the corrugate; those wires can then be ran down the tunnel, and Pre-O2s can route back over the valve cover in the original corrugate, following original routing pathway and installation in the valve cover area.

I'm thinking to NOT cut this rubber T fitting, but my thought was if I did cut it it would allow the Post O2/EGT bundles to lay better in the downward direction, and route easier down the tunnel. But, if I cut it then the corrugate will not have an interference fit inside the boot, which I'm sure helps with keeping water out since as mentioned earlier, the water drain for the cabin filter tray is right in this area. If anyone cares to post pics of how they handled this rubber "T" grommet and the wiring at this point, I'd love to see it. I'm hoping that this is as far back as I need to go with pulling the wires; the length appears to be sufficient at this point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	O2_Wiring_1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	199775

Comment

Working...
    X