Reinstalling Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalling Engine

Before I open a can of worms installing the engine, does anyone have any advice or things that they wish they knew before they tackled the job?

Going to try something new and ask before I run into problems.

Originally posted by Kdubski View Post
    Before I open a can of worms installing the engine, does anyone have any advice or things that they wish they knew before they tackled the job?

Going to try something new and ask before I run into problems.
    Have a friend help.
    I have heard installing the transmission and engine together is easier. After doing it the other way, I would have to say that is an accurate statement.
    I had to take off the engine mount support on the left (drivers side) to get things situated. Wish I took it off before I tried sliding things into place.
    Trying to save headache, I installed it with headers on, I do not recommend this.
    Take the front end off completely and push in from the front. Only takes a little extra time to take the whole front off and makes it very easy to access everything.
    That's all I got!

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
      Take the front end off completely and push in from the front. Only takes a little extra time to take the whole front off and makes it very easy to access everything.
      Yes definitely do this. Taking off the front end with the engine already out requires minimal labor and will give you a lot more room.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post
        This!

I removed mine and the engine + trans came out very easily!

Comment

Working...
        X