Fixable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixable?

Some dumbass brake late & made me skid into him, would y’all know an estimate cost from the top of the head? I know I need a new cooling system, radiator & support & also hood, bumper & headlight. Going to a body shop tomorrow but knowing they’ll cost me a grip..

Everything is fixable.

But step 1 is realizing that if you rear end someone you're actually at fault-- not just legally.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Year and mileage ? Don’t go to body shop or insurance yet, they may total it depend on your specs. Best option is to source all the parts from a donor at a salvage yard and swap it yourself. That color shouldn’t be too hard to find
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

What totals a car generally isn't parts its generally bends in the frame/unibody.

If you have a strut bar examine it closely. If its bent or difficult to remove that means the strut towers have moved, meaning unibody damage, meaning totaled.

If the strut towers haven't moved you also need to look at the rad support bracket. Is the brakes bent or is it the frame?

I forget what it's called but there is a book that's published for body shops to measure between bolt holes to determine if frame repair is needed.

Comment

And airbags. Did the airbags go off?
          2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
          2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
          2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
            Year and mileage ? Don’t go to body shop or insurance yet, they may total it depend on your specs. Best option is to source all the parts from a donor at a salvage yard and swap it yourself. That color shouldn’t be too hard to find
            2002 & has 93k on it. I just wanted a quote on how much it would cost from the shop. Knowing it’ll cost me a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
              What totals a car generally isn't parts its generally bends in the frame/unibody.

If you have a strut bar examine it closely. If its bent or difficult to remove that means the strut towers have moved, meaning unibody damage, meaning totaled.

If the strut towers haven't moved you also need to look at the rad support bracket. Is the brakes bent or is it the frame?

I forget what it's called but there is a book that's published for body shops to measure between bolt holes to determine if frame repair is needed.
              The hit wasn’t that much of an impact to cause my strut to bend. The rad support on the damaged side is pretty bent

Comment

Originally posted by SandeepM3 View Post
                And airbags. Did the airbags go off?
                Airbags didn’t went off

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                  Everything is fixable.

But step 1 is realizing that if you rear end someone you're actually at fault-- not just legally.
                  Sadly true, it was a model 3 Tesla. Barely did any scratch on the car but messed up mine 🤦🏽‍♂️ I also work for Tesla in Fremont, I’ll forever hate them lol

Comment

Bro that's such an easy fix. Take the time and do it right, if your airbags didn't go off, fix it.
                    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 BMW ///M3
                    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                      Bro that's such an easy fix. Take the time and do it right, if your airbags didn't go off, fix it.
                      You right.. I’m just frustrated that it all happened, I just got done doing a 6 speed swap not too long ago & started to fell in love with it.

Comment

If you are undertaking your repair as a backyard shade tree project, procuring parts used may save you a few pesos. In the Sac County area, in Rancho Cordova, there are auto wrecking yards that cater to specific brands. These yards are on Recycle Road. Some yards have parts stored indoors, and on shelving in a very organized manner. Good luck repairing your ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                          Airbags going off is not a good indicator. I went 120mph into a tire wall on track. Airbags did not go off. Strut tower brace bent like a pretzel.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Airbags going off is not a good indicator. I went 120mph into a tire wall on track. Airbags did not go off. Strut tower brace bent like a pretzel.

More so implying less work if his airbags didn't go off. Looking at the pics posted, it's all front end components. Good time to do whatever he wants with a bumper, cooling system refresh and maybe build some headlights.
                            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                            2005 BMW ///M3
                            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Sorry to see your car got damaged.

Without seeing under the hood damage and seeing the fender/door/windshield alignments it's hard to say how bad it will be for you or costly for a shop to repair.
                              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
                              X