DSC intervene after going square 265 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC intervene after going square 265 setup

I remember there was a discussion on m3f, but can’t recall if it was resolved. After switching to square 265x35x18 I found that in long fast corners/turns my DSC is constantly getting pissed. I’ve been driving like these for almost a year now, but it is getting on my nerves now. I have MK60 car with a stock rack and I did reset TPM several times. I also did play with the flat ride during this time, but that did not change things much in terms of DSC getting off. Any ideas what elves to try?

Have you damaged a wheel speed sensor? Ive had no issues with the same size square setup.
    Any faults logged?

Comment

I think the only solution that was to turn DSC off. I'm 265 square with the same issue: on long fast turns DSC starts pumping the front outside brake.

I wonder if M track mode would help with this, I need someone to code it for me. Otherwise I just have to remember to turn DSC off.

Comment

Nope wheel speed sensors are fine, no codes present.

I am planing to swap zhp rack soon and do some coding, will see if it helps. It is very puzzling that this issue is so random and some people just have it.

Comment

I'm working on a possible DCS issue as well. I would try a battery disconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
            I in long fast corners/turns my DSC is constantly getting pissed.

is this track driving? if so, then just turn it off and reassess
            if you're getting DSC to intervene for street driving then you're probably breaking some laws/risking some lives so just back off

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

if you're getting DSC to intervene for street driving then you're probably breaking some laws/risking some lives so just back off

😂🤣

Comment

Before my buddy sold his car (MK60), he described the same issue with his 265 square setup. He had an intermittent issue with the steering angle sensor and he also was not able to connect to most of the modules on his car with INPA. He never got around to checking the steering angle sensor, but that is what someone suggested on E46F.

Comment

Interested to know about this as I just switched to a square setup of 265s and still leave DSC on in intermediate class on track so don't want to have this happen when I'm out there.......

I had the car programmed for M Track Mode and wonder if that will affect it ..

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
                    Interested to know about this as I just switched to a square setup of 265s and still leave DSC on in intermediate class on track so don't want to have this happen when I'm out there.......

I had the car programmed for M Track Mode and wonder if that will affect it ..
                    Find a big left sweeper and push it and see if it starts braking the front right. Then do it again in M track mode and report back. For science 😀

Comment

I used to run 265 square on track and didn’t encounter this until I started getting faster. Really noticed it through the uphill esses at VIR, due to the weight transfer the DSC would brake the front inside wheel. Got too annoying and turned DSC off and was good. I get same thing with 275 square if I forget to turn DSC off.

Comment

Looks like it is more common than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                          I remember there was a discussion on m3f, but can’t recall if it was resolved. After switching to square 265x35x18 I found that in long fast corners/turns my DSC is constantly getting pissed. I’ve been driving like these for almost a year now, but it is getting on my nerves now. I have MK60 car with a stock rack and I did reset TPM several times. I also did play with the flat ride during this time, but that did not change things much in terms of DSC getting off. Any ideas what elves to try?
                          Sanity check your steering angle sensor calibration. M-track mode is fantastic - worth spendng some time on.

Comment

There are many sensors inputs that go into the DSC:
                            • Wheel speeds
                            • Steering angle
                            • Yaw Rate
                            • Lateral Accel
                            • F/R Brake Circuit Pressure Sensors
                            I have never done it before but there may be calibration required to 0-out sensors that may have drifted:
                            https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...sensor/YGFjGSo

If possible logging the values of the above sensors while triggering a fault or intervention may shed some light on what is going on. But keep in mind these systems were designed 20 years ago. With 20 year old tire technology. Today's street tires have significantly more grip than they did 20 years ago.

Comment

Same here with 265 trofeos. DSC off was the solution.
                              2003.5 Titanium Silver / Black 6M/T (Gone)
                              2003.5 Carbon Black / Laguna Seca Blue SMG (Dusted)
                              2004 Carbon Black / Black SMG converted to 6M/T(Current)

Comment

Working...
                              X