No announcement yet.

DSC intervene after going square 265 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess coding m track mode is something I need to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by ethan View Post

Sanity check your steering angle sensor calibration. M-track mode is fantastic - worth spendng some time on.
      I've found that M-track mode doesn't like using curbs to help rotate the car.

Comment

i've turned off DSC many years ago as my car is 90% track at this point. no issues with tires all the way up to 275's. even on the street with the DSC on, i never had issues with it turning on.
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

I have had this issue with 255/265/275 even with pretty tame driving, but I also have Mk20 and a faster rack. I "permanently" disabled DSC by unplugging the steering angle sensor.

Comment

You can change the minimum torque required for DSC intervention. Stock is set to zero so it’s pretty much active anytime the wheels are rotating. I have my minimum value set to 200 and can probably wreck the damn car before DSC intervenes, LOL.

As far as intensity of interventions go, that is controlled by the normalized torque value transmitted via DME to the DSC unit. The intervention request sent from the DSC unit back to the DME will be a percentage of this total value. So if don’t necessarily want to disable DSC 100% you still have the options of minimizing when and how strong those interventions will be.

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post
              You can change the minimum torque required for DSC intervention. Stock is set to zero so it’s pretty much active anytime the wheels are rotating. I have my minimum value set to 200 and can probably wreck the damn car before DSC intervenes, LOL.

As far as intensity of interventions go, that is controlled by the normalized torque value transmitted via DME to the DSC unit. The intervention request sent from the DSC unit back to the DME will be a percentage of this total value. So if don’t necessarily want to disable DSC 100% you still have the options of minimizing when and how strong those interventions will be.
              I assume this is in the DME tune? What units is "200"? kW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I assume this is in the DME tune? What units is "200"? kW?

Yes it’s in the DME tune, torque parameters. 200 value is in Nm.

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post

Yes it’s in the DME tune, torque parameters. 200 value is in Nm.
                  have you ever had DSC intervene at 200 Nm cutoff? Was your goal to effectively fully disable it?

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

is this track driving? if so, then just turn it off and reassess
                    if you're getting DSC to intervene for street driving then you're probably breaking some laws/risking some lives so just back off

😆 👍

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

have you ever had DSC intervene at 200 Nm cutoff? Was your goal to effectively fully disable it?

No, I didn't want to disable it totally, just change the slip ratio.

Comment

Just an example. So there is a corner I take every day on my way home. I usually take it at 80++. When I drive my 335i on all season AS3+ 245 square setup nothing setup DSC in the e90, but on my pretty new PS4 265 square on e46 my DSC starts complaining at 70 already.

Comment

Working...
                        X