Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting steering wheel wrapped (by RedlineGoods) i could use some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting steering wheel wrapped (by RedlineGoods) i could use some help

How would you wrap it, which option?

I would like to add Padding option to the wrap.

Thankfully our wheels already have thumb grips, no need to get those.

Thanks.
    All Nappa Leather (black)
    64.00%
    All Alcantara (black)
    20.00%
    Two-tone Leather top and bottom, Alcantara grip sides
    0%
    Two-tone Alcantara top and bottom, Leather grip sides
    16.00%

Pictures found of samples,

Last edited by gixxer; 07-08-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'd pay extra money to not have Alcantara on my steering wheel. Or on any other touch surface.
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

It depends how fussy you are and how skilled you are with installing the wrap. I went with them because it was cheap, but it looked so bad that I paid for one of those re-wrapped wheels from Europe. Personally from my experience I wouldn't recommend them, but I'm fussy to the point where if it isn't OEM quality or better, it's not good enough.

My Redlinegoods wheel:

My current wheel:

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
              I'd pay extra money to not have Alcantara on my steering wheel. Or on any other touch surface.
              Agreed, knowing how PITA to maintain them.

eg.

Suede Is A Garbage Material For Car Interiors
              https://jalopnik.com/suede-is-a-garb...ors-1733409981

Comment

Agreed, i too am picky.

Turns out the installer is in same town as i'm in, Cary, NC.

Hence i would have the cover "professionally" wrapped, using same M stitching pattern.

BTW, your wheels looks great!

Originally posted by timmo View Post
                It depends how fussy you are and how skilled you are with installing the wrap. I went with them because it was cheap, but it looked so bad that I paid for one of those re-wrapped wheels from Europe. Personally from my experience I wouldn't recommend them, but I'm fussy to the point where if it isn't OEM quality or better, it's not good enough.

My Redlinegoods wheel:

<snip>

My current wheel:

<snip>

Comment

Originally posted by gixxer View Post
                  Urgh, WTF is this.... did i just shot myself in the foot... hanging on to this since 2008, and here we are 2020, and in new a new state (from Boise, ID), and perhaps should avoid these seats...

Comment

Urgh, WTF is this.... did i just shot myself in the foot... hanging on to this since 2008, and here we are 2020, and in new a new state (from Boise, ID), and perhaps should avoid these seats...

Seats are fine, actually Alcantara or cloth is a good material so you don't slide around. Whenever I'm on track I'm hanging onto the steering wheel for dear life since it's so slippery.

Just don't have Alcantara as a material where you touch it very often. Things like steering wheels, shift knobs, armrests, etc. The oils in your skin are what fouls the material over time

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
                      I paid for one of those re-wrapped wheels from Europe.
                      Hi there -- which Europe seller was this? Were you happy with the whole transaction (apart from the wheel quality itself)? Thanks.

Comment

and isn’t Alcantara fake suede?

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post

Hi there -- which Europe seller was this? Were you happy with the whole transaction (apart from the wheel quality itself)? Thanks.
                          Ebay seller was remilux1 out of Poland, unfortunately it doesn't appear they are selling recently. You could try to message them?

Yes, I was happy with the whole transaction. They had a few nappa leather tri-stitched wheels for sale but I wanted black stitching, and communicated that to them. They told me it would take about a week IIRC to get it done, so about a week later they had a listing up, which I immediately bought. With proper care and maintenance the wheel still looks the same as the day I installed it, 3 years later.

Comment

Alcantara is fine for non DDs IMO. I’m running leather wheels in the M3 wagon, M5, and i3... and an alcantara wheel in the m3 coupe.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

The common ones for our cars are:

https://cobywheel.com/alcantara-prod...-products.html

Hello, guys! I have got an amazing suggestion for you! Do you want to improve your car look? I can help you with it. I want to offer you the best way to make your car more pretty. New steering wheel will decorate and update your car. Don’t lose your chance! Take the moment! Feel free to PM me your requests! Excellent, handmade product that uses premium materials and stitching. We also offer custom designs that include thickning, re-shaping and custom material combinations. I look forward to your orders! You can see my steering wheels for sale on my eBay SHOP and don't forget to look at my positive feedback - here is a link to my account We provide discounts for returning customers and sweet presents =) please contact me directly through PMs. P.S. Part of the profit will be used to support children theatre in Ukraine

https://www.ebay.com/str/lovelysteer...elsfromgermany

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                              X