Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about getting steering wheel wrapped (by RedlineGoods) i could use some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcantara wears out quickly on a steering wheel

Comment

Originally posted by T3amfish View Post
      i have a Tainik steering wheel, hes on Ebay. its Alcantara.. its just fine on wear. I dont eat in my car or drive with greasy food hands, or have sweaty hands, or dont wash my hands before driving... it stays nice... i noticed my regular leather steering wheel gets dirty faster than my Alcantara wheel..
      Yeah im just going to say BS on the last part. Finished eather is infinitely easier to clean and less likely to absorb dirt/oils then alcantara. The Alcantara is just as (probably very likely to the tenth degree more) dirty as the leather, you're just not seeing it cause its soaking in and hiding in the fibers lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Icecream View Post

Yeah im just going to say BS on the last part. Finished eather is infinitely easier to clean and less likely to absorb dirt/oils then alcantara. The Alcantara is just as (probably very likely to the tenth degree more) dirty as the leather, you're just not seeing it cause its soaking in and hiding in the fibers lol.
        Agreed, Alcantara is not holding up better than finished leather. And it’s not easier to clean or more resistant.
        Anyone who has owned suede or leather clothing can tell you that.
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I bought one from ukraine. One of my favorite purchases. I do love the perforated leather
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20200725_165409.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	46380
          Last edited by Mspir3d; 07-28-2020, 08:12 PM.
          IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post
            I bought one from ukraine. One of my favorite purchases. I do love the perforated leather
            Darn... the flat bottom does look good.

If you happen to know the place from ukraine, then do share. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post
              Wow, not only flat bottom but you have some major contouring on the sides going on. Nice!
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
              X