Avin Avant 4 sound issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avin Avant 4 sound issue

I recently installed an Avin Avant 4 (originally had nav, so had to run the extension all the way to the trunk). Everything is working great except for the sound. I only get decent sound out of the driver side rear. There's almost nothing coming out of the other 3 corners. Any ideas what it could be? Maybe a loose pin on the FAKRA cable? Does anyone know which pins I should look at?

I had a similar issue, except I had no sound at all, look at the connections on the Farka cable very carefully. I gently tugged on each of these individual wires on the cable. The act of connecting the cable up sometimes pushes these wires out of the plug housing. It happened to me, and once I inserted the individual loose wire back into the housing I had no problems.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200503_163114.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	41797
    '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
    '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
    '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
    '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

I had a similar issue when I installed mine. Sound coming out of all speakers except 1. Unclipped the harness and tugged on all the wires and it was a pin that was loose. Once I seated it back in the plug it worked fine. Reminder to always test everything before you put it back together so you don't have to take it apart again.
      2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
      2014 X5 50i
      2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll check the plugs for a loose connection this weekend. Can't wait to tear that all apart again. Which end of the harness was it for you guys? The side that plugs into the BMW wiring or the side that goes to the Avin?

Of course, before I put everything back together, I did "test" things. In my garage, it sure sounded fine (since the driver's side rear is close to my head). Only realized after I put everything back together and took it out for a real test drive that I realized I had speaker issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyY View Post
          Thanks, guys. I'll check the plugs for a loose connection this weekend. Can't wait to tear that all apart again. Which end of the harness was it for you guys? The side that plugs into the BMW wiring or the side that goes to the Avin?

Of course, before I put everything back together, I did "test" things. In my garage, it sure sounded fine (since the driver's side rear is close to my head). Only realized after I put everything back together and took it out for a real test drive that I realized I had speaker issues.
          Mine was the end in the trunk, that plugs into the BMW harness. However, I think it is equally likely to happen on both ends. I would probably start with the end in the trunk first, since it is more accessible.
          '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
          '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
          '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
          '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Thanks, guys. Finally got around to looking at this again and it was a loose connection in the trunk harness. Glad it was the easy end of the plug!

Comment

Same issue with mine with 1 speaker. Thats why you always plug everything and test before you tuck it all away.
              2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
              2014 X5 50i
              2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

I have everything working but ZERO sound. I have the Fakra cable too because of previous OEM NAV. Connections looks good. No word from their support yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mazza View Post
                  I have everything working but ZERO sound. I have the Fakra cable too because of previous OEM NAV. Connections looks good. No word from their support yet.
                  Did you have your interior lights on while installing? Your battery might be too low to power up the amp.
                  2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Working...
                  X