Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMG fault...slave cyl or else?

hi guys,
    installed a used engine in my friends M3 and car started ok no issues while on jack stands and we left it to idle for maybe 5 mins. SMG cog light was on but we didnt think much of it... (we reused old smg box, pump etc as was working fine)

anyways turned the car off to add some more PS fluid and then car didnt want to turn back on.. cog is still on, gear stays in "N", there is no crank, but all lights are on as they should be.

used my diagnostic tool and came back with

1) SMG; actuation, clutch, dynamic
    2) SMG; selection angle cannot be engaged

i reset the codes and number 1 code stayed on.

i had a look underneath at the slave cyl, pulled it off and it looks ok (dunno what im actually looking for...) and plug was all plugged in fine.

then i redid the codes and came back with

1) actuation clutch dynamic
    2) something about PCLD sensor...

anyways cleared these and still number 1 stayed on...

SO... im after ideas what it could be? we are going to try and change Salmon relay, and also try another working slave cylinder....

i can hear the pump price when i open the car door so guessing pump is ok..

gear position sensor (GPS) symptoms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Gear position sensor, or maybe you need to take out the slave and see if the little rod is broken on it. You can't run adaptations if so. Or perhaps it punched a hole into the fork in the transmission. But you can kind of check that with a small mirror and try to look through the hole the slave goes into. It's tuff but it's better than opening it all up if it's not the fix or if it's too much to get done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajvosa View Post
        hi guys,
        installed a used engine in my friends M3 and car started ok no issues while on jack stands and we left it to idle for maybe 5 mins. SMG cog light was on but we didnt think much of it... (we reused old smg box, pump etc as was working fine)

anyways turned the car off to add some more PS fluid and then car didnt want to turn back on.. cog is still on, gear stays in "N", there is no crank, but all lights are on as they should be.

used my diagnostic tool and came back with

1) SMG; actuation, clutch, dynamic
        2) SMG; selection angle cannot be engaged

i reset the codes and number 1 code stayed on.

i had a look underneath at the slave cyl, pulled it off and it looks ok (dunno what im actually looking for...) and plug was all plugged in fine.

then i redid the codes and came back with

1) actuation clutch dynamic
        2) something about PCLD sensor...

anyways cleared these and still number 1 stayed on...

SO... im after ideas what it could be? we are going to try and change Salmon relay, and also try another working slave cylinder....

i can hear the pump price when i open the car door so guessing pump is ok..
        Did you run the adaptations and run the bleeding procedure and all that good stuff in DIS/INPA? You just swapped a new motor in so I am guessing all the hydraulics were disconnected and I am assuming you installed a new clutch kit. If you reused the old clutch, did you reset the old pressure plate? Also, did you install the clutch in the correct orientation (hard to check that last one without reopening things back up but it's hard to install incorrectly). PCLD error is specifically slave related but until you run the adaptations and bleeding procedure, those codes are useless.

Comment

Working...
        X