Parts List for Karbonius Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shibui View Post
    Sorry to bump a slightly old thread. But I wanted to make a post to deal with a lot of the conflicting and maybe outdated info out there.

I'm installing a Turner Box on a 2005 SMG car w/ MAF. First time doing this, but very eager to try. I don't want to buy anything unnecessary for my set-up. Including the ECU stuff is this all I need to get the car on the road? Prices obv don't include sales tax.

Must needs:
    - CSL Airbox ($1583.75)
    - 6x 60-80mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
    - 6x 50-70mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
    - Valve Bracket (included w/ CSL Airbox)
    - CSL Air Filter ($179.95)
    - Kassel MSS54HP CSL Conversion ($235)
    - CSL MAP Sensor ($125)
    - IAT Relocation Kit ($119.90)
    - CSL IAT Sensor ($37.43)
    - SMG Expansion Tank ($159.95)
    - SMG Expansion Tank Bracket ($29.95)

Don't need / optional:
    - CSL Dipstick
    - CSL Dipstick tube
    - Silicone Throttle Boots
    - CSL Air Shut-off Valve

- Since my car is a 2005 it has a MSS54HP so the conversion kit is enough aka don't need to upgrade from a MSS54 to MSS54hp?

- My car was manufactured exactly 10/04 so I can reuse the throttle boots (Airbox kit comes with a new set though)

- I can modify my existing shut off valve by re-using two male connectors on each ends and replacing the hardline with a soft vacuum line

- I can bend/move the stock dipstick.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Looks good. Correct if you have an HP you don’t need to send it out to convert it (unless you’re getting a tune from them) I highly recommend HTE performance for the tune. The breather hose and shutoff valve are the ones you will be replacing with soft line. (You can get both at any part store.)
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post

Looks good. Correct if you have an HP you don’t need to send it out to convert it (unless you’re getting a tune from them) I highly recommend HTE performance for the tune. The breather hose and shutoff valve are the ones you will be replacing with soft line. (You can get both at any part store.)
      Thanks!

Regarding the MSS54HP CSL software, could I just MSSFlasher to do it at home? And every two years flash it back to stock for California Smog? Then after smog reflash the CSL software? I guess I can virginize the ECU when it hits the limit.

I don't mind doing the physical work to get it to look stock for smog, but the ECU/Cali smog aspect is what's confusing me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post

Thanks!

Regarding the MSS54HP CSL software, could I just MSSFlasher to do it at home? And every two years flash it back to stock for California Smog? Then after smog reflash the CSL software? I guess I can virginize the ECU when it hits the limit.

I don't mind doing the physical work to get it to look stock for smog, but the ECU/Cali smog aspect is what's confusing me at the moment.
        I've had a few friends gets their cars flagged during recent smog checks for flashed ECU's and getting sent to the state ref. I read about the new smog checks now being able to detect if an ECU's been flashed. Would virginizing the ECU reset the flash count?

Because of all this uncertainty and not wanting to end up in a bind, I just purchased a separate ECU for the CSL tune. Reverting back to the stock airbox, intake, and ECU only takes about 2 hours. The drive cycle to get the readiness monitors set takes another half hour.
        2004 Alpine White / Cinnamon E46 M3 6MT
        1993 Brilliant Black FD Rx7
        IG: @gearheadtwins

Comment

Working...
        X