Check Engine Light: Tank Ventilating Valve — Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eljay View Post

Thanks. Yes, I suspect that, actually as I've had fuel stabilizer in there for a while as it didn't get driven much. I will burn down this tank and put in fresh gas.
    I just want to report back that indeed mine was a case of bad gas. After filling the tank full with fresh fuel, and running a couple of full tanks since then, the code is gone. So, yes, the stabilizer only works for so long.
    I almost wonder if it's worthwhile filling the tank to the full for winter storage. I know that is done to prevent condensation on the fuel tank walls. But as my car is stored indoors in a heated garage (always over 10C), I am thinking of switching to running the fuel low before storage and maybe adding minimum amount of stabilizer and then in the spring filling with fresh gas immediately.
    2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

Thank you for coming back to this thread and posting the resolution.
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by eljay View Post

I just want to report back that indeed mine was a case of bad gas. After filling the tank full with fresh fuel, and running a couple of full tanks since then, the code is gone. So, yes, the stabilizer only works for so long.
        I almost wonder if it's worthwhile filling the tank to the full for winter storage. I know that is done to prevent condensation on the fuel tank walls. But as my car is stored indoors in a heated garage (always over 10C), I am thinking of switching to running the fuel low before storage and maybe adding minimum amount of stabilizer and then in the spring filling with fresh gas immediately.
        Nice. These are the exact symptoms I had with mine. Same solution.

Edit: the onset of symptoms also started after it sat in the winter time. I don’t drive it if there’s salt or brine on the road.
        Last edited by 02_lsb; 09-20-2021, 01:43 PM.
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Working...
        X