No announcement yet.

Supersprint quality control issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked mine I got from schmiedmann... looks terrible as well. I have no idea what to do now. That gap looks huge. So pissed!

Comment

That gap looks outright like some of the $199 eBay specials (Or even worse)

Comment

I know it is terrible! Should I use two gaskets one that cylinder? Not sure I will be able to return mine to Europe especially so much time passed I got mine...

Comment

Oh wow....looks like this is becoming a widespread problem. Wonder if there's a Supersprint rep on the forums here keeping tabs on these quality control issues? If the next batch is gonna be like this its not gonna be good!

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
            I know it is terrible! Should I use two gaskets one that cylinder? Not sure I will be able to return mine to Europe especially so much time passed I got mine...
            Damn that sucks - - hopefully they'll still let you exchange them? I'm not even sure if two gaskets will fill in the gap. Worst case scenario - - cut off that section of pipe and re-weld it to get it more flush?

Comment

Do you think it could possibly be due to damage from shipping? I’ve had a couple SS items show up less than perfect, but all issues were from their subpar packaging. I’ve seen other people receive SS items in thrashed boxes multiple times. Unfortunately ECS does not check the integrity of the products prior to shipping them out to the end user.
              Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
              Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoWagon View Post
                Do you think it could possibly be due to damage from shipping? I’ve had a couple SS items show up less than perfect, but all issues were from their subpar packaging. I’ve seen other people receive SS items in thrashed boxes multiple times. Unfortunately ECS does not check the integrity of the products prior to shipping them out to the end user.
                Doubtful -- when I received my package the box was intact and appeared to be well boxed up. I feel like this type of discrepancy is definitely a manufacturing error - - if they were to get banged up during shipping, its usually minor superficial dents on the flange that can be smoothed out with mild sandpaper or a file. It should still stay flush and perfectly aligned nonetheless.

Comment

No thats for sure poor manufacturing! If something got damaged that would be 1 or 3 cylinder not one in the middle. Also I tried to bend it -- no way that would happen due to some hit during the shipping.

Comment

I got mine from Scheidmann as well but installed without checking. Will try to get some pictures tomorrow but I seemed flush after I installed.

Really not looking forward to loosening and tightening those bolts again.

Comment

yer thats pretty disappoint id want a replacement or refund for sure if I got that.

Comment

No way I should pay shipping back, right?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                          No way I should pay shipping back, right?
                          Correct -- when I requested for the exchange w/ ECS, they sent me a prepaid return shipping label.

Comment

Scheidmann is a bit farther then ECS. Hehe. We will see! Anyway I am waiting for a replacement airbox that not gonna happen till end of September so no rush! Those aftermarket guys really took it to the next level this year... some Covid side effects I guess :-)

Comment

I would let them know so this doesn't continue, worth a shot...

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

Really sucks. Hopefully this is a covid related temporary situation and not the new normal. The are in Italy, which hasn't had the easiest time with this.

Originally posted by 2004LSB View Post

Damn that sucks - - hopefully they'll still let you exchange them? I'm not even sure if two gaskets will fill in the gap. Worst case scenario - - cut off that section of pipe and re-weld it to get it more flush?
                                No, that's a terrible idea. Exchanging them is plan A for sure, plan B is what you do with eBay headers-- bolt them on to the engine and let the heat cycling of the engine relieve the stress.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X