Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will post-LCI 330ci LED tail lights work with my pre-LCI 02 M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will post-LCI 330ci LED tail lights work with my pre-LCI 02 M3?

As the title says... Are newer LED tail lights from an 04 330i coupe compatible (plug & play) with my older 2002 M3 coupe? Thanks!

Yup. Any outer tail lights from a coupe will fit. Sedan and convertible won't. The inner tail lights are different from the sedan, but the same between coupe and convertible.

You'll also need the adapter harness (61120153650) and you will need to code your LCM in order to get rid of the bulb out errors on your dash.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Worth noting that depending on your build date you may have to swap or mod your LSZ/LCM. See here: https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...lights.745594/

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        Yup. Any outer tail lights from a coupe will fit. Sedan and convertible won't. The inner tail lights are different from the sedan, but the same between coupe and convertible.

You'll also need the adapter harness (61120153650) and you will need to code your LCM in order to get rid of the bulb out errors on your dash.
        How do I code the LCM? I have 0 coding experience and don't want to bring to the dealer for a $$$ coding to just remove the lights from my dash

Comment

Originally posted by scubastove View Post

How do I code the LCM? I have 0 coding experience and don't want to bring to the dealer for a $$$ coding to just remove the lights from my dash
          I haven't tried it yet using this video, but when I do my retrofit I'm gonna use this as reference
          This video is about coding new or used Light Control Module also known as the alsz module in a BMW. This video will also show you how to code your BMW for le...

Comment

Originally posted by scubastove View Post

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...ith-ncs-expert

The section titled VO / FA Changes contains the steps needed to do so.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
            X