No announcement yet.

E46 M3 vs 996 (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet video! I was at Chuckwalla last month. That’s a really good time with those mods!

Comment

Originally posted by EZE View Post
      Cool video, I would have thought the 996 wins there.
      Yeah the power to weight on the stripped 996 it should be a clear winner. The sqishy part between the seat and the steering wheel is the issue.

Either way great to see an //M above the Pcar on the podium. Well driven op!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

that's pretty awesome!

Comment

Great job, congrats on the win

Comment

Very Cool! Well done video as well.
            TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
            Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
            Evolve Eventuri
            - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Cool vid, the Porsche is way lighter and more horses and turning the same times? Should have swapped drivers and seen the difference too.

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalM3 View Post
                Cool vid, the Porsche is way lighter and more horses and turning the same times? Should have swapped drivers and seen the difference too.
                Short of race divers, once a car is “fast” it kind of doesn’t matter. I pass modern corvettes and Porsche’s routinely, and I’m no amazing driver.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Short of race divers, once a car is “fast” it kind of doesn’t matter. I pass modern corvettes and Porsche’s routinely, and I’m no amazing driver.
                  Obioban, what tracks are you going to? you're located outside Philly correct?

Comment

I just watched this video yesterday... Super clean racing. I definitely believe the E46 M3 is just set up much better than the "GT3". Your spoiler and splitter are super nifty.

I noticed the Porsche wasn't able to take your same line without losing grip. Along with your downforce, I'm sure your nice coilover setup really set your win in stone. I guess the E46 M3 is quick enough with a stock powertrain. Heck, GTE Pro and AM cars in the FIA championship only have about 500-550hp while being lightning quick.
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Cbouts View Post

Obioban, what tracks are you going to? you're located outside Philly correct?
                      Mostly NJMSP. It’s nice because they’re close enough that I can sleep in my own bed, and they’re pretty good tracks— especially thunderbolt. Next month I have one event at thunderbolt and one event at lightning.

sometimes pocono, summit point, beave run.

I try to hit up VIR once a year, but it’s a long hike (500 miles each way)... so I make sure it’s a 3 day event.

I refuse to do Watkins Glenn anymore because of how close the walls are. I also don’t plan to do lime rock again because the track is so short that I get bored.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Great video. 996 had you off the line than just kept falling behind.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X