Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 vs 996 (video)

Hi Guys,

A couple of months ago, I participated in a Driving Line Driver Battle in my E46 M3. The video just came out yesteday. Let me know what you think:

Who’s faster down the strip? Driver Battles: Track Edition is back for another episode at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. This episode pits Geoff Tumang and his 2...

Nice.

Also nice that there wasn't pointless trash talking for the camera.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Congrats on the win! Looked like fun.

Comment

Excellent and we don’t have to revoke your membership since you won.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Gawd that 996 is a mess. Those sticker headlights give me the heebie jeebies.

Comment

Awesome video! I have to wonder how you would have fared with equal drivers. Also begs the question of how would you fare against a 996 GT3 with equal tires.

-JoshTaylorUSA

Comment

103 out. Everyone wearing black. And they say emo is dead. Or is it.

Grats on the win. Hope you got a new alternator.
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Nihilation View Post
                Awesome video! I have to wonder how you would have fared with equal drivers. Also begs the question of how would you fare against a 996 GT3 with equal tires.

-JoshTaylorUSA
                I'm about 5 seconds faster in that 996 than my E46 around most tracks in CA. That 996 is stupid fast and light. the hood, doors, boot lid, and roof are all CF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jickel180 View Post
                  Gawd that 996 is a mess. Those sticker headlights give me the heebie jeebies.
                  Yeah, They're not great. He needs to put stock headlights back in.

Comment

Nice video man!

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff.T View Post

I'm about 5 seconds faster in that 996 than my E46 around most tracks in CA. That 996 is stupid fast and light. the hood, doors, boot lid, and roof are all CF.
                      Sounds like you guys (including the host) all know each other? I'd be curious to see the driver variable get taken out, time for some lightning laps back to back.

Nice E46 build, looked good.
                      Last edited by r4dr; 07-23-2020, 08:37 PM.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Sup Geoff, car's looking good man. Loving the cage. That 996 is kinda tight but I just can not get past the headlights LOL. Has potential though.
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Youtube suggested this for me yesterday... Phoenix yellow power, nice win! ... p.s. Dude should have at least upgraded to 997 headlight stickers LOL
                          Last edited by freshprince2421; 07-23-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Somebody’s car sounds like a swarm of murder hornets.

Comment

Cool video, I would have thought the 996 wins there.

Comment

Working...
                              X