Aftermarket Lug Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Lug Nuts

Anybody want to share their experience with aftermarket lug nuts? I’ve used the generic lugs used with race studs offered by TMS/ECS/BW, but wanted to upgrade to something with a floating seat.

Been considering Project Kics R40 Iconix, pic below. Also thinking about Project Kics Leggadura or standard R40 or shorter R26. Muteki SR45R also look nice. Anybody running these?

2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

I would stay away from lug nuts that look like bling and shiny. If you're taking wheels off a fair amount they just end up looking like trash after three wheel removals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
      I would stay away from lug nuts that look like bling and shiny. If you're taking wheels off a fair amount they just end up looking like trash after three wheel removals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Totally agree, which is why I’m just leaning towards a set of matte black, for which ever I decide on.

I’m getting these more for the floating seat features to avoid marring/scratching my set of freshly powder coated wheels.
      2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Totally agree, which is why I’m just leaning towards a set of matte black, for which ever I decide on.

I’m getting these more for the floating seat features to avoid marring/scratching my set of freshly powder coated wheels.
        20 of these should do nicely:
        https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bla...-12x15-blk-csl

To avoid marring you could put a *small* amount of lubricant on the *seat*, do not let it touch the threads. However, if you do that the correct torque value may decrease from what your stud kit recommends. Some stud kits come with lugs with dry lubricant on the seat, so after 7-8 wheel removals they recommend putting some anti-seize on the seat and keep the same torque value. However these same kits are generally targeted to race/track cars were stud replacement is more frequent than street cars.

My advice would be to allow the powder coat to get marred on the seat since nobody sees it and continue to torque to OEM spec or whatever spec came from your stud conversion manufacturer. You do not want to experience broken studs on the street.

Comment

I have the KICS R40’s with Apex studs. Had them for a few years now and take the tires off quite a bit and they still look new. They are so dam light! I personally love these and get compliments on them all the time.

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 07-26-2020, 09:36 AM.
          TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
          Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
          Evolve Eventuri
          - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
            I have the KICS R40’s with Apex studs. Had them for a few years now and take the tires off quite a bit and they still look new. They are so dam light! I personally love these and get compliments on them all the time.

Glad to hear a good review in these! Are those the chrome black color? I’m considering those or the Iconix like I mentioned above. Just have to find a set in stock locally if possible.

Comment

They are Black Chrome. My buddy has these on his M3 as well and they still look new. His have been on a few years more than mine.
              Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Glad to hear a good review in these! Are those the chrome black color? I’m considering those or the Iconix like I mentioned above. Just have to find a set in stock locally if possible.
                What length studs do you have? Any spacers? I have hyper silver arc8 as well and these compliment them nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post

What length studs do you have? Any spacers? I have hyper silver arc8 as well and these compliment them nice.

I have 90mm studs front and rear. Spacers are 17.5mm front and swapping between no spacers and 10mm rear. Ended up with the Project Kics Iconix R40 and really like them.

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

What’s your spacer setup and stud length?

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
                      What’s your spacer setup and stud length?
                      Front: 75mm and No Spacers.
                      Rear: 90mm and 12mm Spacers.

Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Working...
                      X