Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort access etc

Hey all
    Looking for info on a few items that I believe are probably all connected somehow.
    When opening and closing the door my windows used to drop down slightly and raise back up when closed. Not doing this anymore.
    With the locking and unlocking are the headlights supposed to come on with the “M” I saw a sedan where his did.
    The Comfort access where when you hold the lock or unlock and the windows go up or down. Mine only go down.
    I know there are several fuses for the central locking and looking into that or would these be on the body’s GM5.
    Thanks for anything you got
    Last edited by engrmikl; 07-26-2020, 07:41 AM.

If I remember correctly have to program them to go up. By default they don’t do this for safety reasons, just down.

I don’t know what M and headlights thing is.

For the door “auto dip” glass feature, if it’s just one side not doing it anymore very often this is the window switch being faulty.
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I don't think #1 is related to #2 and #3. #1 can sometimes be cured by a strong close of the door. Get in, partially roll the window down a few inches, close the door with a hefty pull, raise the window all the way up, open the door to get out and observe if the window drops as required.
      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

It looks like it just the drivers side for the auto dip. Are you talking the center console switch or something in the door. The slam method didn’t work.
        Found the info for the auto up and down with fob, needs to be programmed. I tested it on my 2012 335is is the same way.
        On the headlight item. I was watching a video and when he unlocked the door his light came on. Not just a flash of the blinkers and side lights like my M.

Comment

Slamming the door closed when the door “auto dip” doesn’t work is a great way to break the glass. Don’t do that!! If you’re lucky you got away with just knocking the glass angle out of adjustment and now will have air whistling now at speed.

Yes, the console mounted window switch. If you can borrow one to test it is usually the issue. They are Left or Right specific.

For headlight on, maybe they programmed it to trigger the “pathway lighting”?
          There is also a kit out that can do the headlights and/or foglights in patterns. Look up Modlights “lite”. It’s way too busy for me but the “comfort blinkers” function is worth the kit alone imho.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

For the window, try the reset, by using the window switch and have the window go all the way down and then up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

No actual door slamming.
              Tried the reset with the window up and down with no luck.
              I have a new switch in my spares for some reason so replaced it and that didn’t work either.
              Not to worried about the headlights coming on if that is a programmable item. I can play with that later if I ever install the factory alarm I have.
              I am going to look into the GM5 module and see if there is anything in there. The guy in Ca might have an idea
              Last edited by engrmikl; 07-28-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Supposedly the reset is more involved than just rolling it up and down, as mentioned here:

https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...ndows.1129400/
                https://blog.bavauto.com/14847/bmw-e...045%20seconds.

I've never tried it though (and different people suggest different procedures), but it might be worth a shot. Also there's some mention about checking fuse 57 in the E46Fanatics thread. Not sure why but might as well check.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Yep, replacing the lock actuator fixed my window issue, and the lock not unlocking with key fob issue.

Comment

I realized my door open indicator on the dash wasn’t coming on so looking into that. Anyone know how that works or is it part on the door wire harness and door actuator as stated above?

Comment

Working...
                    X