Removing the SMG knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the SMG knob

Internet says just pull up on it. But, I'm not having much luck. Is there a chance it's has screw somewhere? The cap is slightly loose now.

Thanks

Pull harder. And try not to hit yourself in the face when it does finally come off.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

MUTHERFUNKER! I hit myself in head the just like the internet said I would!!!!

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunG View Post
        MUTHERFUNKER! I hit myself in head the just like the internet said I would!!!!

thanks
        I no joke wore a helmet when I did mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread made me laugh so hard lol thanks

Comment

Every time I think I'm prepared for it, I nearly break my nose

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

This thread had me laughing. It definitely sticks on there good. It almost got me a time or two.
              IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

I couldn't get enough leverage sitting down so I ended up standing on my seats and pulling... All I could envision was slamming right into my nuts. Luckily I made it out unscathed =D.

Comment

If your willing to remove the top decal, you can remove the screw that secures the outer chrome part to the inner clear part and slide it off. If memory serves me correctly, you should than be able to more easily remove the clear part from the shaft by flexing the snap fits which lock onto the shaft.

Removing that knob is one of the more dangerous things you can do, lol.
                  Last edited by Will ZCPM3; 07-29-2020, 05:04 AM.
                  2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

If you have the leather knob, you can remove the chrome trim ring at the bottom of the knob. It's threaded on. With the trim ring removed you can access the set screw for the knob. Simply loosen it and the knob pulls right off without a broken nose.

Ttklaus

Comment

Working...
                    X