No announcement yet.

Any original E46 M3 owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an Aug 2005 build slot for a Le Mans Blue (Individual) and took delivery on Oct 2005. Now at exactly 61,905kms (a little over 38k miles). Was a daily but I blame (too) frequent overseas travel (maybe away 70% of the time) for lack of use. Then a little over two years ago, I had to start using the wife's F48 X1 once every week or so as her work was now literally down the road.

Over the years, alternator (and battery) was replaced under warranty when less than 6 (or maybe even just 3) months old; leaking clutch slave cylinder replaced 2 years ago, LSD rebuilt a year ago, and on the second battery (knock on wood) and second set of tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
      Thread turned out amazing. Keep it going gents. Love seeing when vapers and prior WRX owners didn't own them.
      Heyyyyy now. WRX owner: yes (current) vapor: no lol. Wish I could have bought one of these new, but I was hardly out of elementary school when their run ended. For my first car purchase I actually looked at an e46 M3, but I think I made a good judgement going for the Subaru. Only thing I hate is it’s not “great” at anything and that new car depreciation sucks.

I always look back at the picture below and miss the low numbers and the excitement of buying it new. Now 3 years and 60k miles later I haven’t had any major issue (knock on wood).

Anyways, back to factory fresh M3 photos lol
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Inizes; 08-01-2020, 02:12 AM.
      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Here's my car. Performance Center Delivery, 16 years ago this week. (I posted this last year on the old forum).

Click image for larger version

Name:	m3 pcd.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	47511

Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post
        I still have all my original paperwork. Even the temporary tags, lol.
        Wow, you even have the color code sticker for the keys. I forgot about those!
        This got me thinking, I can't remember where my emergency wallet key went. Grrr.
        Attached Files

Comment

original buyer/owner of 2005 Carbon Black / Cinnamon / SMG / 19" / loaded
          Last edited by M3 Driver; 08-02-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

keep em comin! some sweet rides here

Comment

I'm the 2nd owner of my car but the original owner gave me a ton of original stuff including the E46 VHS tape and also an SMG placard. I love stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by newton22 View Post
                original owner gave me a ton of original stuff including the E46 VHS tape
                Holy crap...if that doesn't make me and my car feel old... At least my 02 came with a CD. I also had to choose between cassette or CD for the radio. Did I mention...my back hurts...

Comment

Working...
                X