Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Bumper Panel Gap Issues around headlights (passenger side)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Bumper Panel Gap Issues around headlights (passenger side)

My passenger side front bumper has excessively large panel gaps around the headlight housing area. I've taken a few photos (attached) showing the difference in size of the panel gaps between driver side and passenger side. I've also noticed that, on the driver side, my fog light no longer clips in correctly, like the sizing is slightly off. Around a year back I hit a piece of tire which flew out from a car in front me, and I'm guessing this has caused the issue. Are there any adjustments I can do to resolve it, or would this be best solved by a new bumper?
    Attached Files
    2006 M3 ZCP coupe, jet black on black, 6 speed
    2001 325xi wagon, red on beige, 5 speed

It’s an easy fix, you’ll have to remove the corner lights and inside there is a white plastic piece with two bolts. That is the bumper guide. Loosen both bolts (without taking them out) until you’re able to move the guide by pushing on the bumper. To get good bumper fitment you can use a small jack to help you and push up from the bottom of the bumper and tighten back the bolts on the guide. I was able to do it without a jack but it’s a lot easier with one.

Comment

Subscribed, thanks for the tip erickhoyos
      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

How's the panel gap UNDER the headlights? You're probably missing the foam and/or the Kevlar support is too low on the core support and the whole bumper needs to come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

The foam pieces under the headlight area on top of the bumper support were missing creating large gaps. I could slide my fingers between the lights and the bumper cover.
          I epoxied some foam pieces from an RC airplane broken wing and problem solved.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Bumper guide adjustment didn't work for me, will try putting some foam pieces in next month when I tackle headlights again.
            Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
              How's the panel gap UNDER the headlights? You're probably missing the foam and/or the Kevlar support is too low on the core support and the whole bumper needs to come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This. The bumper guides don't do much at all.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

rock chipsssssssssssssssss
                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X