• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - List of parts commonly required when fitting a CSL style airbox

6MT

- CSL Air Shut Off Valve - BMW P/N: 11617833647
    - CSL Crankcase Hose - BMW P/N: 11157833649
    - 12x Jubilee Clips 55mm-70mm (required if you do not wish or cannot reuse the BMW earless clips)

SMG

- CSL Air Shut Off Valve - BMW P/N: 11617833647
    - CSL Crankcase Hose - BMW P/N: 11157833649
    - 12x Jubilee Clips 55mm-70mm (required if you do not wish or cannot reuse the BMW earless clips)
    - CSL SMG Expansion Tank Bracket BMW P/N: 41147896136
    - CSL SMG Expansion Tank Reservoir BMW P/N: 21532282549
    - 1L Pentosin CHF 11S Fluid / Comma CHF 11S works fine too

Common Parts

- CSL Air intake temp sensor - Febi Bilstein P/N: 32679 or E3x 'Screw' type Air intake temp sensor - Beru / BMW P/N: 13621725323
    - CSL MAP sensor - Bosch P/N: 0 261 230 101 or GM 1 Bar MAP sensor - GM P/N: 16137039 (If you are planning on running a CSL Clone DME/ECU).
    - CSL Snorkel with flap - BMW P/N: 11617833498 (If you are planning on running a CSL Clone DME/ECU with working flap)

Late build cars may need to replace the throttle body boots with the slim style found on early cars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	early_boots.jpg
Views:	1601
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	480

Late style boots

Click image for larger version

Name:	later_boots.jpg
Views:	1478
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	481

If yours has 'large' inlet boots you may need 6x of the following:

- Throttle Body Boot - BMW P/N: 11617830265

To add, both the CSL Air Shut Off Valve and the CSL Crankcase Hose can be adapted from the stock ones with appropriately fitting vacuum hoses. I did this for the air shut off valve and that requires 8mm ID tubing. Can't comment on the size required for the crankcase hose, as I bought that part new.

Also, the boot clamps on the throttle body side are reusable, but the ones on the airbox side are technically not. I say technically because you could pry them off and recrimp them once on the CSL box, but you could easily mess them up in the process.

EDIT: Here's a PDF of the spreadsheet I made for my install (forum won't let me upload .xlsx files). This is on a 6MT 02 M3 with an MSS54 non-HP DME that I converted to HP spec. I decided to not run a flap, so I didn't purchase that, nor did I purchase the electronics required to convert the DME to full CSL spec.

CSL Airbox Parts List.pdf
    Last edited by heinzboehmer; 03-20-2020, 11:01 AM.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

By any chance does anyone know what is the part number for the MAP sensor DME X6003 Terminal socket pin or socket pin size?, which is needed to be added for the signal in dme. Can't seem to find this info anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post
        By any chance does anyone know what is the part number for the MAP sensor DME X6003 Terminal socket pin or socket pin size?, which is needed to be added for the signal in dme. Can't seem to find this info anywhere.
        AMP / TE P/N: 963726-1

Comment

• Radekxpl
          Radekxpl commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks
      Working...
      X