Door seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door seal

My apologies I know most likely its been addressed before but i can't find a straight answer and honestly for some reason I trust this forum more than a google search. Both my door seals are droopy.. - i took the M to get headliner fixed the shop owner recommended to buy new door seals... its this the best option? or can I still glued this ones? if so whats the best product out there to do so. door seals are in perfect shape - not torn or scrapes, tears nothing like that just completely out. Thank you

I was speaking about this to a friend and was telling him how expensive door seals are for our cars and that we have no choice but to buy OE BMW. No aftermarket manufacturers out there for our door seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Common problem with the coupes, your best bet is to find ones from a local part-out. Usually they go for $80-100 a side

Comment

You can re-glue them, but you need to use strong flexible adhesive. Interior folks should know their glues. Something like DAP Contact cement should do the job.
        Last edited by TexaZ3; 08-12-2020, 06:14 PM.
        BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Perfect shape door seals?! Is your M in a museum lol. This part is often DIYd due to ‘rotting’ by rear glass. Use the opportunity to replace them, there are alternatives to the OEM pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Exclusivs View Post
            Perfect shape door seals?! Is your M in a museum lol. This part is often DIYd due to ‘rotting’ by rear glass. Use the opportunity to replace them, there are alternatives to the OEM pieces.

I think he was talking about interior door seals, not exterior quarter window seals.
            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

^Yeah, pretty vague descriptions.

Comment

Working...
              X