Aftermarket Sway Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Sway Bars

Looking into getting aftermarket sway bars. What sway bar setup should I go for? I see a lot of people going for only a front bar and keeping the rear OE... is this the best option? Any reviews or first hand accounts?

Are you trying to correct a certain behavior or tune in a certain handling characteristic?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Front GC bar medium. Lots of adjustability.

Keep rear OE bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nobody can helpfully answer this question because it depends on your spring rates, corner weights, and handling balance desires.

Preface I have noticed that many cars I see are set up in a way that's at least far from optimal, and often worse than stock. Issues include, but are not limited to... -wonky front/rear stagger -insufficient bump or droop travel -ride height in ranges that compromise suspension geometry -alignments that compromise handling

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

What are your current spring rates? If they're not too high up front and/or progressive, you'll enjoy a stiffer bar up front. I love my hollow hotchkis. My front springs are "only" 325lb.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I currently have been running Eibach pro kit springs with Tein springs in the rear paired with my Koni yellows. Didn't want to mismatch but the rear height with the Eibachs was too high.

I forget the spring rates for each. Trying to search up now, I believe the eibach is a progressive but relatively low spring rate, and the Tein rear is 532lb?

So looks like a hotchkis front bar would be a good fit ?

Comment

Eibachs are only 8% stiffer than stock up front. They also are meant to be paired with the Eibach pro-kit sways iirc. Increasing the stiffness (a medium setting for most bars with 3 holes. Eibach has 2 holes, so go with the inner) of your front ARB would have benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Eibachs are only 8% stiffer than stock up front. They also are meant to be paired with the Eibach pro-kit sways iirc. Increasing the stiffness (a medium setting for most bars with 3 holes. Eibach has 2 holes, so go with the inner) of your front ARB would have benefit.
                Do you know the dimensions on eibach’s bars?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Only that it's 29mm, not hollow, with 2 selections for adjustment. Front.

Comment

I am using a hotchkis bar in the front on the tightest setting. It’s a no Brainer on the street. I am going to add a rear bar as soon as they come off back order.

my car is a vert which has a slight larger diameter stock over the Coupé.

Comment

Working...
                    X