Who wants to guinea pig this steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants to guinea pig this steering wheel

Anyone tried this wheel? Looks decent but don’t know how functional or how useful it is?
    Attached Files

$1200??! ... thats a pass. lol
    Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

It does exactly what you can code the warmup lights to do, while looking 10 times tackier!
      💩
      TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post
        It does exactly what you can code the warmup lights to do, while looking 10 times tackier!
        💩
        Might be tacky. It does however display more than warmup lights. It displays speed, engine load, water temperature, voltage and other stuff.

Comment

At that price I would rather get the E92 performance wheel and try to retrofit it. Or maybe find someone with a beat up one and put the screen and buttons into an E46 wheel since I don't particularly like the shape of the E92 wheels.

Edit: Found what looks to be the same display as the wheel in the OP mounted into an E46 M3 wheel on ebay for a good amount less: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Perform...sAAOSwKW1ev3Rj
          Last edited by heinzboehmer; 08-13-2020, 05:25 PM.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I like that. Only reason I put the other one up is because it looks oem with the exception of the display. Thought most would maybe prefer that.

Comment

Gross

Comment

The electronics for this are probably like 50 bucks on alibaba, so that's about an 800 dollar upcharge for a rewrapped steering wheel that looks tacky as hell.
                2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Its not that bad but its a pass for me for 2 reasons. First is the price obviously, $1200 theres so much more id rather spend that on. Second, I dont need any more distractions, so I wouldnt be using it anyway. Unless your racing or something theres no need.
                  • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                  • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                  • Supersprint
                  • KW V3
                  • 996 Brembo
                  • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Yeah bunch of these on alibaba. I have the real thing on my m2c and the lap timer is pretty decent too.

Comment

Working...
                    X